Fairy tales?

doc.fixit

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

With all the advertising over the years, our home grown celebrities, previous visitors, the TT and MGP, socialedia, TripAdvisor etc etc etc, if the world doesn't know about the Isle of Man then nothing else, not even fucking little fairy cottages will make any difference....the only way that can be achieved is as SoS stated...a serial killer who has outkilled every other serial killer the rest of the world has offered.

That sort of worked in Bergerac, and Wycliffe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Those fellas that rearranged the polar bears at tynwald mills must be due about seven hundred and fifty grand by this reckoning. Don't recall the fairy houses making it onto hignfy or russia today.

I understand that the Producers of "The Last Leg" have been in touch with Tynwald Mills to feature the Polar Bears on Channel 4 this Friday - they might not be on display from tomorrow as they are on the way to Ch4.

So all the Marketing consultants and expenditure on shite wooden tat houses might be trumped by someone arseing around and posting it on Snapchatagramabooktube.

I hope it's true.....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I understand that the Producers of "The Last Leg" have been in touch with Tynwald Mills to feature the Polar Bears on Channel 4 this Friday - they might not be on display from tomorrow as they are on the way to Ch4.

So all the Marketing consultants and expenditure on shite wooden tat houses might be trumped by someone arseing around and posting it on Snapchatagramabooktube.

I hope it's true.....

You're a week late, it was featured last Friday or was it Have I got news for you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Declan said:

I suppose it’s like that free runner video and that bloke who balances rocks. People look at pictures of the diddy houses and notice the beauty of the Isle of Man.

I’m rather surprised folk are surprised they were paid for. Artists don’t give their work away for free and this is effectively public art. 

Ok the DOE’s equivillent advertising figures are always vastly inflated. But a quick google shows bbc, cnn, lonely planet, daily mail, metro have all covered it. They’ve brought pleasure to locals and the island to the attention of potential tourists.

Hopefully,  they’ll last a few years be one of things post-millennial kids will reminisce about 50 years from now.

Not the worst £26k the government will spend this year.

I agree, it was a brilliant idea and very well executed. Most unusual for the Manx Government. What is sadly less than unusual is that they've paid well over the odds for it. £26K FFS!

• Haha 1

I think some are missing the point somewhat. The houses were placed and photographed in beauty spots, so readers whilst admiring the tiny houses also appreciate the views and buy into the notion that the Isle of Man is a beautiful, magical fairyland and come here for a holiday. 

“Ey up luv, there’s a shopping centre in  Isle of Man got shagging polar bears, get on t’ EasyJet” said no one ever. 

Now if the ursine lovers were scattered about the island maybe that would be effective. Grizzlys fornicating in the Mooragh; sodomising Koalas on Tynwald Hill, masterbating Pandas at Creg Na Baa. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Chris C said:

I agree, it was a brilliant idea and very well executed. Most unusual for the Manx Government. What is sadly less than unusual is that they've paid well over the odds for it. £26K FFS!

When they were first found most people thought they had been put there by folk having a lark, for free.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I think some are missing the point somewhat. 

Not really it's the justification via £367k equivalent advertising spend a hypothetical figure.

If the Bears get on Ch4 for 5 minutes - there will be an equivalent advertising spend figure available based on how much Ch4 charge per 30 seconds of advertising.

Also a wanking Panda's not for me - teach him to windmill and I'm there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I think some are missing the point somewhat. The houses were placed and photographed in beauty spots, so readers whilst admiring the tiny houses also appreciate the views and buy into the notion that the Isle of Man is a beautiful, magical fairyland and come here for a holiday. 

“Ey up luv, there’s a shopping centre in  Isle of Man got shagging polar bears, get on t’ EasyJet” said no one ever. 

Now if the ursine lovers were scattered about the island maybe that would be effective. Grizzlys fornicating in the Mooragh; sodomising Koalas on Tynwald Hill, masterbating Pandas at Creg Na Baa. 

Instead of bears having nooky - dogs would be better. Two markets that way - people who like to walk dogs in beautiful scenic places and people who like having sex  al fresco. The subtle message would be “The Isle of Man for all your dogging needs.” 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Instead of bears having nooky - dogs would be better. Two markets that way - people who like to walk dogs in beautiful scenic places and people who like having sex  al fresco. The subtle message would be “The Isle of Man for all your dogging needs.” 

Loads of dog poo around