Fairy tales?

doc.fixit

3 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Also a wanking Panda's not for me - teach him to windmill and I'm there.

Ahh I like your thinking. Turn the Island into a giant animal sex themed crazy golf course. We’ll have so many tourists we’ll be too busy to run the TT. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Not really it's the justification via £367k equivalent advertising spend a hypothetical figure.

He should have used a figure, say £100k 

I agree with the principle but £367k is just too specific, too high and too unconvincing. Especially coming from Mr Skelly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I agree with the principle but £367k is just too specific, too high and too unconvincing. Especially coming from Mr Skelly.

I wonder what the job title is of whoever came up with this.  The Guesstimator 

Pick a number, double it add a zero at the end and hey presto you have your advertising valuation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I wonder what the job title is of whoever came up with this.  The Guesstimator 

Pick a number, double it add a zero at the end and hey presto you have your advertising valuation.

I find it hard to believe they actually consider the general public to be so dim!  On second thoughts maybe not.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, gettafa said:

It’s a bit like Rachel Riley on Countdown 

Someone said ‘It must be worth at least £250K in advertising’ then someone else said ‘No stick another £100K on that that’s too low’ then someone else said ‘But what about the £26K we spent to start with stick that on top to show we got a return on investment’ and that got them to £376K and then someone else said ‘That looks a bit high take £9 or £10K off it’ and they went for an odd number as it would look too contrived to just take ten grand off.

Thats probably how it was calculated. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Yes indeed our fairies deserve the very best, what is shocking is the housing shortage has not been addressed earlier.

So we need more fairy housing? Well I can't see how we can now revert to the cheaper mail order version, this will cause great fairy unrest so we will have to push on with the expensive version. 

Just now, Max Power said:

So we need more fairy housing? Well I can't see how we can now revert to the cheaper mail order version, this will cause great fairy unrest so we will have to push on with the expensive version. 

Lots of homeless fairies about. I’m amazed the problem has not been extensively covered in Callisters blog.