Fairy tales?

doc.fixit

38 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

By that logic all we need now is a Manx serial killer. His murderous escapades would be covered by all the worlds mainstream media (BBC, Fox News, Sky, Daily Mail etc) generating several millions of pounds worth of free advertising for the IOM. 

great idea,  one that targets useless government bods would get my vote,.

34 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

.... mere fraction of the cost and all that would be needed to be considered art would be to arrange a few clay toadstools, a bit of bracken and moss and hey presto!

Everyone bar none who ever went to the Sound Cafe more than 20 years ago remembers the concrete toadstools.

And as has been said before in the thread, the lads who positioned the  polar bears in Tynwald Mills will, by the government justification, have done half a mill or more publicity for the Island.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, but let's assume a local artist could have produced this..........      the reason it gained media attention was, in a major way, due to the international element and probably involved the marketing department of the company who were contracted. I'd put more faith in the marketing department of a successful private company from Sweden than in the Department for Enterprise or any other department or agency of the IOM Government. If this whole exercise had been limited to on-island stakeholders, it would have been limited to on-island coverage. In the grand scheme of things, I think ROI is quite good here.

I thought these were just done by local people with a sense of fun. Maybe the earlier ones were a few yeaRS AGO?

I wonder how much the Govt have paid for for all those painted stones that have been left at various places DfE Rocks!!! :P

The thing is that despite the "successful marketing" people who see these fairy cottages/art installation are hardly going to flock here in droves because of it.

Legalise marijuana before the UK does and you'll have thousands of harmless "pot tourists" pouring in here and they'll be spending shitloads of cash on food in readiness of munchie attacks ...it's a win win for all even the rozzers.

Fuck art and fuck fairy cottages and toadstools...unless of course those toadstools are the Liberty Cap type ;=}

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

£65 on Amazon. Shouldn't someone be asking why ours cost £6500? Fucking outrageous...

61BQ0gegNZL._AC_SY400_.jpg

You get what you pay for. That item from Amazon is not even remotely of the same standard and quality as the lovely fairy homes we've had build here.

• Like 2

..................and how exactly has/will/does this supposed advertisement benefit us in concrete terms?.............(see what I did there?).....However, I really would like to see proven, tangible benefits................

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

..................and how exactly has/will/does this supposed advertisement benefit us in concrete terms?.............see what I did there?.....However, I would like to see proven, tangible benefits................

Good luck with that.....they pull figures out of the air and that is adequate explaination and justification enough for the peasants.

• Like 1