Fairy tales?

doc.fixit

15 minutes ago, Declan said:

Meanwhile in Castletown...

https://m.facebook.com/balleycashtalbeg/

Ali, the nice lady who is behind that and a lot of other stuff (like the community cinema) is not impressed by the amount spent on the 4 houses. They do quite a lot of good work for kids out of the town hall now and deserve some support.

2 hours ago, Holte End said:

I wonder what the job title is of whoever came up with this.  The Guesstimator 

Pick a number, double it add a zero at the end and hey presto you have your advertising valuation.

More's to the point - how much do they get paid?

• Like 1

(Forget the VAT), this whole thread reminds me of the film industry bullshit, where droves of people were eating 8 million quids worth of fish and chips per annum, and sleeping in bed night equivalent hotels, when the reality was clear for the man in the street to observe ! It strikes me you have got to have some brass neck to stand up and spout this crap whilst the taxpayers have a giggle at your (or rather their) expense !

You cannot proclaim anything a success or failure unless you can measure it and the DfE do like their intangible benefits !

• Thanks 2

Mr Skelly told questioner Julie Edge, the amount of publicity garnered by what he called "ambush marketing", far out-weighed the cost of the initiative. 

When you were reading that off the script Laurence, I doubt you understood it. It's not really 'ambush' marketing, probably loosely fits under 'guerilla' marketing. What competitor's marketing campaign were you stealing the spotlight from?

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

Fairies are imaginary, they don't exist, and neither does the £367K.

They have history of that. 

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/hansard/20002020/k120207.pdf

Over £3m advertising benefit from the TT. (But if we didn't run the TT, we wouldn't need to advertise the TT so that's not really a benefit). 

In 2009 it was nearly £5 million https://www.iomttphotos.co.uk/increased-global-distribution-and-strong

Didn't he claim that the Jacksons concert brought the IOM publicity of £100k?

However, even setting aside the fanciful figure I still think this is a fairly cost effective method of boosting the Island's profile and getting positive publicity.