Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

For the record. I have no issue with them parking on the walkway. I agree, there is plenty of space there. It's when they park/ride onto normal pavements with no thought for pedestrians. 

Happened to me and the missus yesterday in town. Made me grumpy. Lazy, thoughtless, arrogant, ignorant bastards. 

Yeah, I know they are not all like that.

What happens if some trips over one of the bike?

Prom was backed up around sea terminal toward lord street when roads first closed today, I think it’s actually the multiple crossings causing it along with the 20mph speed limit (that everyone actually stuck to today) straight through both roundels without an issue though and top half of the prom was fine, I pretty much drive with one wheel on the red tarmac for the trams though, so no wonder it’s breaking up as quite a few others were too.

Let them park on pavements and they’ll be smashing dolphins next. 

These biker's are here for races that are free and subsidised by the taxpayer. Perhaps they could show some respect for the newly done up Promenade.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Prom was backed up around sea terminal toward lord street when roads first closed today, I think it’s actually the multiple crossings causing it along with the 20mph speed limit (that everyone actually stuck to today) straight through both roundels without an issue though and top half of the prom was fine, I pretty much drive with one wheel on the red tarmac for the trams though, so no wonder it’s breaking up as quite a few others were too.

The crossings are an issue during 'rush hour' during normal times. The designers missed the part about it being a major A road with high traffic flow. 

The red concrete isn't a separate reservation and is part of the carriageway. There's no reason people shouldn't drive on it.