Union Mills Drone

Not HRH The Chief Minister in full flight, giving us one of little daily sermons.........

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/union-mills-drone-prompts-ban-reminder/

of course nothing will happen, if they do catch the culprit, I’m sure they will conduct a show trial, with the might of the IOM legal establishment trying to make an example/martyr . Yes it’s totally wrong but there are other larger fry. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently it happened this afternoon, the police put out a tweet, and if by magic ‘hey presto’ the drone stops flying. Personally I have zero faith with the Police. The ban on Drones on the whole was designed to stop the loss of revenue streams ‘as RC keeps spouting’ Starship Enterprise don’t want people posting footage on YouTube.

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Apparently it happened this afternoon, the police put out a tweet, and if by magic ‘hey presto’ the drone stops flying. Personally I have zero faith with the Police. The ban on Drones on the whole was designed to stop the loss of revenue streams ‘as RC keeps spouting’ Starship Enterprise don’t want people posting footage on YouTube.

Think you’ll find the ban on drones is to do with the safety of the helicopter ambulance for potential emergencies on the course. But keep on blaming the police,  or the need for revenue streams, both of whom who have nothing to do with it...

2 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I cant see a drone being a threat to a helicopter any more than a seagull!  A helicopter is very big compared to a tiny drone.

The helicopter industry reported 665 bird strikes in the United States over the last three years [...]  Bird strikes caused three fatalities (all from one incident) and eight injuries (from eight separate incidents) over the reporting period.

6 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I cant see a drone being a threat to a helicopter any more than a seagull!  A helicopter is very big compared to a tiny drone.

I'm sure there were a good few thousand people who were supposed to be flying from Gatwick Airport last Christmas who would disagree with your logic.

1 hour ago, manxst said:

Think you’ll find the ban on drones is to do with the safety of the helicopter ambulance for potential emergencies on the course. But keep on blaming the police,  or the need for revenue streams, both of whom who have nothing to do with it...

And it would only be a matter of time before some tw@t was filming the bikes with one at eye-level above the road....look at the concerns over people poking selfie sticks into the path of the bikes a couple of years ago to realise how irresponsible some unfortunately are.

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And it would only be a matter of time before some tw@t was filming the bikes with one at eye-level above the road....look at the concerns over people poking selfie sticks into the path of the bikes a couple of years ago to realise how irresponsible some unfortunately are.

Added to which the cheaper ones have about 4 minutes of battery life before they drop like a stone. 

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

Lots of bits of feathers, blood and bones, compared to bits of metal...hmmmm.... I know which I’d take my chances with....although neither is particularly good. I’d hope that the gulls would be able to take avoiding action though, as opposed to the drones who have restricted viewing controls. 

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Added to which the cheaper ones have about 4 minutes of battery life before they drop like a stone. 

.........and that could earn you £ 250 on that TV show !!!

Archived