Where is Reynolds?

Cleo

1 minute ago, Johnny F said:

No, excluding the entire DOI workforce seems a bit prejudicial. (if true) Obv I'd be happy make an exception for Jez Spake 

It's a good call if the shambles they've left the rest of the island in is anything to go by!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Johnny F said:

No, excluding the entire DOI workforce seems a bit prejudicial. (if true) Obv I'd be happy make an exception for Jez Spake 

Not really that odd.  If there had been a well-qualified deputy trained up to take over from a competent and successful Airport Director, then you might expect them to be in the running.  But there's no deputy now, he had no relevant experience anyway and all that anyone could have learned from Reynolds was how to bullshit (it's what she was brought in to do - make sure the Airport extension was agreed).

But with no such hypothetical person available, any replacement Director is going to be someone who has experience at an Airport in the UK, there won't be anyone qualified here, in the DoI or elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Not really that odd.  If there had been a well-qualified deputy trained up to take over from a competent and successful Airport Director, then you might expect them to be in the running.  But there's no deputy now, he had no relevant experience anyway and all that anyone could have learned from Reynolds was how to bullshit (it's what she was brought in to do - make sure the Airport extension was agreed).

But with no such hypothetical person available, any replacement Director is going to be someone who has experience at an Airport in the UK, there won't be anyone qualified here, in the DoI or elsewhere.

The Deputy Airport Director has been back at work for a couple of weeks now.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Mmmm one out one back in !! Should we read anything into that ??

Ms Reynolds is here till October. Mr Spake is now back after a few months absence. I'm not sure there is anything sinister in the timing of Ms Reynolds' decision to leave and Mr Spake's return. 

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Why does the replacement have to have gained their experience in the UK?

From the BS I've had to put up with over the years a Swiss or German would be a far better choice....

21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

From the BS I've had to put up with over the years a Swiss or German would be a far better choice....

I meant UK as opposed to IOM, really.  Somewhere non-UK would be similar and aviation is a field in which management does move between countries.  Though I seem to remember that Reynolds has worked in Germany and Spake in Russia.  So experience outside the UK isn't a guarantee of success.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, P.K. said:

Yes, the Germans saw through Reynolds a damn site quicker than we did and got shut pronto!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

I'm more relieved that her current deputy won't be replacing her. If nobody currently within the DOI is considered a suitable replacement by the powers that be, how can he be considered a suitable deputy?

7 hours ago, P.K. said:

The cops are importing again. Chief Inspector Protective Services. 

Once again, no succession planning in place. Being a public servant in the IOM = next to no meaningful investment in your development these days. Happens all too often in the cops. 

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk//iomgovjobs/DisplayJob.aspx?JobId=12566

50 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

The cops are importing again. Chief Inspector Protective Services. 

Once again, no succession planning in place. Being a public servant in the IOM = next to no meaningful investment in your development these days. Happens all too often in the cops. 

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk//iomgovjobs/DisplayJob.aspx?JobId=12566

I can't comment on the situation in the cops, but in regards to the airport and other top posts in the CS, we always seem to import people the UK wouldn't touch with a barge pole, then hand wring when all goes to hell. The Germans saw through Reynolds bullshit and got shut, meanwhile, I understand she appoints her deputy who is totally unfit for purpose. They then employ consultants to tell them how to do their job and I understand the consultancy document is an absolute load of tosh which is shortly to be dumped ! A great success with the taxpayers again picking up the tab. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, asitis said:

I can't comment on the situation in the cops, but in regards to the airport and other top posts in the CS, we always seem to import people the UK wouldn't touch with a barge pole, then hand wring when all goes to hell. The Germans saw through Reynolds bullshit and got shut, meanwhile, I understand she appoints her deputy who is totally unfit for purpose. They then employ consultants to tell them how to do their job and I understand the consultancy document is an absolute load of tosh which is shortly to be dumped ! A great success with the taxpayers again picking up the tab. 

So who did the costings on the new berth at Liverpool?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

So who did the costings on the new berth at Liverpool?

John Whittaker. He's still working on it. New figures every month 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5