Where is Reynolds?

Cleo

A friend leaving the Island this morning and absolute chaos at Ronaldsway.  No organisation, queues all over because there is no indication who should be where.  Where is Reynolds? It's the weekend, she isn't here!!  I'm only in the check-in but have been told security is rammed as well.  Isn't it about time this overpaid woman is held to account. Locals saying there is no point complaining because nothing happens so come on MHK's represent the people who pay you and get this chaos sorted out.  So many foreign nationals disgusted by the mess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cleo said:

A friend leaving the Island this morning and absolute chaos at Ronaldsway.  No organisation, queues all over because there is no indication who should be where.  Where is Reynolds? It's the weekend, she isn't here!!  I'm only in the check-in but have been told security is rammed as well.  Isn't it about time this overpaid woman is held to account. Locals saying there is no point complaining because nothing happens so come on MHK's represent the people who pay you and get this chaos sorted out.  So many foreign nationals disgusted by the mess.

Now now.

I recall when there was a bottleneck caused by security The Directoress excused herself by claiming that she wasn't aware there was a problem.

So that's all right then!

Not....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I can see you're new here, and I'm not getting that information from your post count :)

No been here for years but so absolutely livid this morning I've finally been pushed to say something :angry:

3 hours ago, Cleo said:

Not sure what people expect on what may be the busiest day of the year.

You not travelled much then ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I thought Jeremy Spake was the main man down there these days? 

It's a bit of a mystery.  He was appointed as Operations Manager at Ronaldsway (and so one of Reynolds' deputies) last September.  You would have thought that someone outgoing would be all over the media, but I can find nothing since.  I can't find anything Manx on his Twitter, just a lot of russophile stuff - though he seems to keep his professional and media profiles separate (I couldn't find his job before coming here).  The only evidence he is still here is that he's giving a talk to Rotary next month.

But then Reynolds herself has been uncharacteristically quiet recently.  The motto at the Airport now seems to be 'Never apologise, never explain".

Edited by Roger Mexico

33 minutes ago, dilligaf said:
3 hours ago, Cleo said:

Or maybe she's travelled a lot and knows that most airports manage to cope with expected high levels of passengers by putting on extra staff and making sure that those passengers know what to do and where to go and managing queues and so on.  She wasn't complaining about the Airport being busy, but badly organised. 

We constantly get told that lots of money should be spent on the Airport because it presents the Island to the world and makes the first impression and so on.  But they don't seem to care if the impression given by the way it is run is one of cluelessness and indifference to passengers' needs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The motto at the Airport now seems to be 'Never apologise, never explain".

No, not just the airport, it gets wider use than that. Pan IoM Government.

It's encompassed within the policy of "Never look back". Regardless of the size of the FUBAR.

Which is why lessons are never learned and no-one is ever to blame or accountable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's a bit of a mystery.  He was appointed as Operations Manager at Ronaldsway (and so one of Reynolds' deputies) last September.  You would have thought that someone outgoing would be all over the media, but I can find nothing since.  I can't find anything Manx on his Twitter, just a lot of russophile stuff - though he seems to keep his professional and media profiles separate (I couldn't find his job before coming here).  The only evidence he is still here is that he's giving a talk to Rotary next month.

But then Reynolds herself has been uncharacteristically quiet recently.  The motto at the Airport now seems to be 'Never apologise, never explain".

Is this the gentleman referred to here?

http://teamxander.blogspot.com/2019/05/1990s-pointless-celebrities-1st-june.html

Edited by enbee

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

. We can't have Heathrow Terminal 5 transported here for a few days a year.

that's the dream of the empire builders though.   going back to the question,  'pie shop' is my answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Or maybe she's travelled a lot and knows that most airports manage to cope with expected high levels of passengers by putting on extra staff and making sure that those passengers know what to do and where to go and managing queues and so on.  She wasn't complaining about the Airport being busy, but badly organised.

Is her report credible?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Actually I've travelled extensively.   What I expect is someone being paid (I understand) somewhere in the region of £1,000 per day to be able to organise check-in for a couple of flights without the complete cock-up we saw this morning.