Where is Reynolds?

Cleo

On 6/8/2019 at 1:26 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Or maybe she's travelled a lot and knows that most airports manage to cope with expected high levels of passengers by putting on extra staff and making sure that those passengers know what to do and where to go and managing queues and so on.  She wasn't complaining about the Airport being busy, but badly organised. 

We constantly get told that lots of money should be spent on the Airport because it presents the Island to the world and makes the first impression and so on.  But they don't seem to care if the impression given by the way it is run is one of cluelessness and indifference to passengers' needs. 

We constantly get told that lots of money should be spent on the Airport because it presents the Island to the world

the subject of money has not been raised by ms reynolds for quite some time, so all must be "fine and dandy " at the airport, with no issues ??

21 hours ago, asitis said:

A little bird told me she is looking for a position in the UK !

It is true that little is known about the airport it is one of the "Can't say" places for publicity. BTW the radar apparently is only half approved hence the need for the old one as well !

Still you get what you pay for ... or maybe not !!

Is that the old old radar or the new new radar , or do we need a new, new radar?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LightBulb said:
22 hours ago, John Wright said:

You think Ann Reynolds is on £365,000 a year. You’re in fantasy land.

Have seen her shopping in the Co-Op in Castletown, ( and using her loyalty card ) so obviously not on £365,000 !

You know very little about the rich is you don't know that very many of them are keen to get the best value for every penny they can.  THat may be how they got rich in the first place.

(That said I assumed Cleo meant £1000 per week.  Though I reckon Reynolds will be on a fair bit more than that). 

The lady, who is not demented, has obviously never been through Manchester, Liverpool or Dublin security on a busy day.   Our airport is quite small and days like this may happen, once a year?  I travel frequently and have never seen queues outside so it must have been extreme circumstances and it would be madness to spend any more money on an airport that gets busy on a high or feast day.

12 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

... it would be madness to spend any more money on an airport that gets busy on a high or feast day.

Don't say that....there's nothing more guaranteed....

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Cleo said:

There were people queuing outside, there was no organisation, travellers didn't know where the hell to queue and no-one around to tell them and if there is a tannoy system down there it wasn't being used.  Maybe you where there, I don't know, but you obviously weren't there when I was.  I don't think the world turns for me, far from it, but the image it gave of the island was bad, very bad.  I'm not demented thank you and I can take that people may not agree with me, I however don't have to descend to trying to ridicule someone with an alternative viewpoint.

Cleo. What time in the morning did this chaos occur?

On 6/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, Roger Mexico said:

It's a bit of a mystery.  He was appointed as Operations Manager at Ronaldsway (and so one of Reynolds' deputies) last September.  You would have thought that someone outgoing would be all over the media, but I can find nothing since.  I can't find anything Manx on his Twitter, just a lot of russophile stuff - though he seems to keep his professional and media profiles separate (I couldn't find his job before coming here).  The only evidence he is still here is that he's giving a talk to Rotary next month.

But then Reynolds herself has been uncharacteristically quiet recently.  The motto at the Airport now seems to be 'Never apologise, never explain".

His media profile can't be so high nowadays otherwise why the hell would he want a job at Ronaldsway?

13 hours ago, John Wright said:

Fourth, yesterday evening due to departure delays at other airports, four planes arrived at same time, were on stand, and EasyJet arrived late and had to be parked and disembarked remotely, requiring bussing. 

How remotely? I cannot see a need ever to use a bus for passengers at Ronaldsway.

17 minutes ago, woolley said:

How remotely? I cannot see a need ever to use a bus for passengers at Ronaldsway.

I think there are regulations involved.  If the plane is parked more than a certain (very short) distance away from the terminal the passengers aren't allowed to walk across the apron.  Before the current departure facilities were built buses used to be used all the time.

• Like 1