#Were in the Money#

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Is that the same free hospital fund ?

Of course, Tony! Didn't cost us a penny! Probably wasn't even taxpayer's money either, theoretically of course.

Bollards.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have had one idea already to spend a few bob of it !!!   A person, to be named shortly, is being imported to head up the climate change race....the disclosure of this person's name and qualifications to do this very difficult job is imminent.    And I thought the non naming of the godparents of the ginger whinger and the Meghan was a bit over the top.    Cripes,.  I cannot stand the strain.    How much is this costing when a hard dose of common sense would have done.   Unbelievable, then again, not unbelievable in the Isle of Man.

9 hours ago, Stu Peters said:
On 7/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, 2112 said:

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece is at it again.

So, you reckon this isn't something that should be reported?

No one's saying that it shouldn't be reported - just that it shouldn't be reported so uncritically.  There's been much more provided in this thread, while Manx Radio didn't even provide the full information that they got in the press release - never mind contextualise it by looking at the Accounts themselves.  Tellingly the online story says More on this story to follow, but as far as I can see it hasn't been supplemented in any way.

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

I wonder, are independent media outlets - & Manx Radio - prevented from publishing Government press releases in whole?

They do it on a daily basis without attribution. If they were not allowed, they would have stopped by now.

3 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

I wonder, are independent media outlets - & Manx Radio - prevented from publishing Government press releases in whole?

Oh of course not.  The problem with their website is more that Manx Radio tends to make every story, no matter how important or trivial, simple or complex, about the same length[1].  If you're lucky there might be an interview on their YouTube with more detail or they might publish a later story, but otherwise Procrustes is in charge and information will get dropped.

There's also the press releases that the Government doesn't let us see, but which still go out to the media, presumably to reward favoured journos and disguise how much of what get written is actually by the ladies and gentlemen of the Media Centre.  They've actually resisted FoI requests about this.

But of course the real biggest problem is how little actual investigatory or analytic work goes on, when they do get the press releases.

[1]  As I've pointed out before young Mr Gawne tends to be the exception.  Presumably the rest of the news staff are worried they might break the interweb if you put too much on it.

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece is at it again. This time according to Shouty Alf, the Isle of Man has found £30 million extra, mo doubt found down the back of the sofa.

IOMNP Facebookers have been lauding Alf as some financial genius - like Eddie Teare was regarded as a financial guru.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/government-finances-reveal-a-30m-surplus/

My Theory is the IOM has been given this money by HMRC under the guise of additional VAT revenue sharing. Also I’m sure additional amount will be given if we comply with the new Public Beneficial Registers, along with Jetsey and Guernsey.

No doubt this additional £30 million will be spent by the time Tynpotwald Church is over.

Over 75s TV licences

Green Capital Infrastructures Projects

More Civil Servants

Civil Servants Pensions

Lets put this into perspective. £30.8m to the IOMG is similar to you or me finding a £10 note in jacket pocket that we'd forgotten about. A nice little surprise, but not life changing. 

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece is at it again. This time according to Shouty Alf, the Isle of Man has found £30 million extra, mo doubt found down the back of the sofa.

IOMNP Facebookers have been lauding Alf as some financial genius - like Eddie Teare was regarded as a financial guru.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/government-finances-reveal-a-30m-surplus/

My Theory is the IOM has been given this money by HMRC under the guise of additional VAT revenue sharing. Also I’m sure additional amount will be given if we comply with the new Public Beneficial Registers, along with Jetsey and Guernsey.

No doubt this additional £30 million will be spent by the time Tynpotwald Church is over.

Over 75s TV licences

More Civil Servants

Civil Servants Pensions

Lets put this into perspective. £30.8m to the IOMG is similar to you or me finding a £10 note in jacket pocket that we'd forgotten about. A nice little surprise, but not life changing. 

Over 75s TV licences

More Civil Servants

Civil Servants Pensions

47 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Ah, but the point is, if you or me find a refugee tenner in a pocket somewhere it's very nice but we don't go round boasting about how it's our sound financial management or how we've got the ship on course with fair winds because of it? :lol:

20 hours ago, hissingsid said:

They have had one idea already to spend a few bob of it !!!   A person, to be named shortly, is being imported to head up the climate change race....the disclosure of this person's name and qualifications to do this very difficult job is imminent.    And I thought the non naming of the godparents of the ginger whinger and the Meghan was a bit over the top.    Cripes,.  I cannot stand the strain.    How much is this costing when a hard dose of common sense would have done.   Unbelievable, then again, not unbelievable in the Isle of Man.

Yet again another IOMG post where the Role is given to Family or Friends of COMIN members, Talk about Nepotism and banana republic. Why wasnt the job at least advertised? Or was it? The Guardian - HRH The Chief Minister needs you!

Havent we on this island got enough do-gooders or experts on climate change - I would say so. All I can foresee is many years of pain, not to benefit islanders but to please some sectors of society, whilst come next years Budget, Shouty Alf will hit people with stealth taxes galore, all in aid of charidee and the environment.

Archived