HRH The Chief Minister green crusade is ‘hard’

19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Gracious me, and whatever happened to the overriding need for us to maintain our "Independent Nation" electricity generating status which was the whole reason behind the Proffit/MEA £400M debacle that Manx consumers are going to be paying down for generations (no pun intended) to come?

we should have imported leccy last time round and saved 100's of millions,  while we need to buy fuel to run our power station we aren't independent anyway

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/23/2019 at 9:44 AM, Donald Trumps said:

Kudos to Prince William for flying his family to Edinburgh by EasyJet

A mate of mine was flying back from St Lucia last month, and the whole Cambridge clan was one row behind them in Club World.

Has Wills fallen out with Elton?

4 hours ago, Cambon said:

Well, word from man at pub, who works for MU, is that when the gas turbines expire they will not be replaced. We will import electricity from uk. Hence passing any carbon emission responsibility to uk. It is part of the grand master plan of leading the world in being carbon neutral. 

The beautiful building they are housed in can finally become the felt museum we all wanted.

The problem with the IOMG approach to anything like this - Road Safety for example, is that it is always a soft touch.

if they adopted a ‘go hard or go home’ strategy, the world would genuinely sit up and take notice.That is positive publicity we are in dire need of. I even found a bit of subliminal negative comment last night whilst rewatching Angels and Demons. After killing the second cardinal, the villain’s funds are paid into his Isle of Man Account.

I suppose we could have made something of that for tourism. The Da Vinci Code did wonders for Rosslyn Church.

Just a thought. Another missed opportunity

20 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

A mate of mine was flying back from St Lucia last month, and the whole Cambridge clan was one row behind them in Club World.

Has Wills fallen out with Elton?

Wills is being the responsible royal, showing an example to the rest of them

20 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The beautiful building they are housed in can finally become the felt museum we all wanted.

The problem with the IOMG approach to anything like this - Road Safety for example, is that it is always a soft touch.

if they adopted a ‘go hard or go home’ strategy, the world would genuinely sit up and take notice.That is positive publicity we are in dire need of. I even found a bit of subliminal negative comment last night whilst rewatching Angels and Demons. After killing the second cardinal, the villain’s funds are paid into his Isle of Man Account.

I suppose we could have made something of that for tourism. The Da Vinci Code did wonders for Rosslyn Church.

Just a thought. Another missed opportunity

As we have massive resources for renewable energy, the politician who tells us all we must take power from the English grid will be a brave one

Now Chris Thomas likes to take a brave stance in the face of public opinion, will it be him?

8 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

As we have massive resources for renewable energy, the politician who tells us all we must take power from the English grid will be a brave one

Now Chris Thomas likes to take a brave stance in the face of public opinion, will it be him?

While he's researching his statement he can also look into whoever's idea it was not to do it before and cost the taxpayer £400M.

Archived