HRH The Chief Minister green crusade is ‘hard’

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, woody2 said:

she is a very ill child, don't blame her, blame the eco lot.......

Now Then Now Then .......... we shouldn’t mock too much as I predict that HRH The Chief Minister Flunkies - External Affairs and Cabinet Office, as we speak are trying to get Greta to come to the island, so they can boast of their green credentials and yet again ...... yawn ........ UNESCO BIOSPHERE award. Perhaps he can invite her for the TT? She can watch the races and motorcycles spewing out lots of CO2, and perhaps a seat in a specially erected box outside the Villa Marina, watching the Red Arrows. Or perhaps a slap up meal in the TT VIP Tent (are Manx Gas still sponsors of the Tent?). She could always be given a guided tour of the IOMs Road Refurbishment Programme - just suggestions!

We will all be driving electric vehicles soon anyway, or will we when the SPCo realise the risks involved in carrying them here? Imagine one of them going up due to an electrical fault, the chain reaction on the car deck would be horrific and uncontrollable! There have been some big burn outs in the news, I'm not sure that ferry companies have latched on to this yet, some offer charging stations on board! 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/battery-fires-in-electric-cars-danger/

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

We will all be driving electric vehicles soon anyway, or will we when the SPCo realise the risks involved in carrying them here? Imagine one of them going up due to an electrical fault, the chain reaction on the car deck would be horrific and uncontrollable! There have been some big burn outs in the news, I'm not sure that ferry companies have latched on to this yet, some offer charging stations on board! 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/battery-fires-in-electric-cars-danger/

Gosh!  Maybe we'd better all use vehicles with some safe, non-flammable fuel source, such as [examines notes] petrol.

Any farmer or landowner who receives over £10000 pa in countryside care payments should have to turn over an acre of farmland for woodland. Every year. If they're serious about this carbon neutral island bollocks then planting lots of trees the most sensible start. I planted 26 this morning so I've done my bit.

35 minutes ago, Max Power said:

We will all be driving electric vehicles soon anyway

Doubt it. Give it a couple of years and the same experts will be telling us how bad they are...

Archived