Laxey flooding

the stinking enigma

On 8/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, Non-Believer said:

What we also need now is a prom-action group. And a marina-action group. And a pothole-action group. And a roadside vegetation and tree limbing-action group. Etc etc.

(Can anybody see a common denominator here, btw?)

Is it something about an "action group" ......? Maybe something like a what, I don't know, a Government Department or something...?

Anyone know how they got on last night?

• 2 months later...

At least his wellies aren't green. The debris trap is well and good but it also needs to be kept clear of trapped debris, I wonder which dept's responsibility that will be to derelict?

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

. The debris trap is well and good but it also needs to be kept clear of trapped debris, I wonder which dept's responsibility that will be to derelict?

Its a joint responsibility of the MUA and DOI which probably means each will leave it to the other and the blame will be passed too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

With the weather forecast not looking particularly good over the next 24 hours I sincerely hope that IOMG have done all that is necessary to keep the residents in Laxey safe and dry.

In the long run I doubt there's much that can be done other than relocate.

Climate change will bring more intense rainfall, there's a limit to the flow in the river.

I would be looking at replanting in the areas above Laxey to hold the water for as long as possible.

• Like 2