PC Knacker gets new toy

Manx Bean

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe the twat that ended up killing that poor lady down Tholty. Stingers would not have helped at all as he just legged it and left the Police wanting by all accounts. Should never have happened.

No. With a stinget you have to hsve someone ahead of what you're chasing. If anyone wax ahead they could just block the narrow road at a cattle grid with their vehicle. How they expect to get a second vehicle ahead of the target vehicle in any reasonble timescale before they run out of road is a bit of a mystery.

7 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Teapot is not local. says it all.

Dilli, I know you're a bit of a goon, but what is this? Why would you think I'm not local? I may not be the thousands of generations of Manx that RS seems to think you need to be a local, but I'm Manx enough, and still live here. 

1 hour ago, WTF said:

No. With a stinget you have to hsve someone ahead of what you're chasing. If anyone wax ahead they could just block the narrow road at a cattle grid with their vehicle. How they expect to get a second vehicle ahead of the target vehicle in any reasonble timescale before they run out of road is a bit of a mystery.

The incident referred to was over in about 90 seconds after he made off. 

There are some odd comments about 'manx' and 'uk' policing differences.

If anyone has a better way of dealing with cars failing to stop, there is money to be made in this game. Likely DFE grants available too.

The police use the same kit as their friends across for a number of reasons. Also our laws are virtually identical.

Therefore, there is one standard. Then again if you would say a second class response is more 'Manx', I suppose they could look at that?

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

If anyone has a better way of dealing with cars failing to stop, there is money to be made in this game. Likely DFE grants available too.

The police use the same kit as their friends across for a number of reasons. Also our laws are virtually identical.

Therefore, there is one standard. Then again if you would say a second class response is more 'Manx', I suppose they could look at that?

Rocket propelled grappling hook type thingy that punctures rear of bandit vehicle and winch em in!

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

When people fail to stop and/or they are found in a stolen car, make the little darlings pay for all the damage they have caused.  If they don't have enough money then make them work for it or take away their possessions and sell them at the auction.

But in any case, put them in a proper prison, the most severe possible that can be got away with under Human Rights Laws (Hey, make a TV series on it).

That's my way of dealing with such matters. No need for any DFE grants, and it can be used for any crime where the scrotes knowingly break the law, but especially theft.

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I dont dissagree, i just dont see a stinger getting deployed in the timescale of any pursuit over here, it will be all over before its begun.

3 hours ago, WTF said:

I dont dissagree, i just dont see a stinger getting deployed in the timescale of any pursuit over here, it will be all over before its begun.

The tactic will depend on availability as you say. The sensible thing to do with it is put in the local vans. Pursuits need to be over very quickly. They are horrible, dangerous things.

Its also of huge use to the firearms team.

Archived