PC Knacker gets new toy

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Wonder what ridiculous situation they'll use it in. Loose sheep, rabid wallabies, some kids pushbike? They tasered a dog for barking in its own garden.

I've got runflats on my bike...:ph34r:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

The tactic will depend on availability as you say. The sensible thing to do with it is put in the local vans. Pursuits need to be over very quickly. They are horrible, dangerous things.

Its also of huge use to the firearms team.

Derek, this is the Isle of Man not Moss Side. 

20 minutes ago, quilp said:

Derek, this is the Isle of Man not Moss Side. 

Mike Culverhouse said something like that when he reduced manning on vehicle patrols from 2 per vehicle to one(?)

IIRC "This is Braddan, not Baghdad"...

20 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Mike Culverhouse said something like that when he reduced manning on vehicle patrols from 2 per vehicle to one(?)

IIRC "This is Braddan, not Baghdad"...

Policing on the island carried on in spite of Culverhouse not because of him !

20 hours ago, Neil Down said:

and again in English...

My point is that Mr Flint is banging on about our standards having to be on par with the rest of the UK. but the IoM Police fall at the first standards hurdle in that it does not comply with the UK National Police Promotion Process. It went its own way and decided to create its own promotional system. Therefore the introduction of UK based standards in terms of firearms incidents etc become pretty much pointless as the senior bod making the decisions isnt qualified to be in that rank in the UK anyway. A Police Sergeant / Inspector and above transferring here would be fully recognised and qualified to do the job, transferring from here to there the individual would not be recognised in that rank unless its Constable. 

In fact I dont even know why they even dress like the UK police at all, it suggests a parity that isnt there. They should go the Garda style route. Whats Manks for PoPo

1 hour ago, Rob Taylor said:

My point is that Mr Flint is banging on about our standards having to be on par with the rest of the UK. but the IoM Police fall at the first standards hurdle in that it does not comply with the UK National Police Promotion Process. It went its own way and decided to create its own promotional system. Therefore the introduction of UK based standards in terms of firearms incidents etc become pretty much pointless as the senior bod making the decisions isnt qualified to be in that rank in the UK anyway. A Police Sergeant / Inspector and above transferring here would be fully recognised and qualified to do the job, transferring from here to there the individual would not be recognised in that rank unless its Constable. 

In fact I dont even know why they even dress like the UK police at all, it suggests a parity that isnt there. They should go the Garda style route. Whats Manks for PoPo

Over to you Derek...

Archived