Gansey Cycle lane? The bike is back!

Keshvane

Can someone from DOI decide what this monumental waste of money is. Today I noticed the bike has been paired in again after painting it out on double time one Sunday. If it is a cycle lane it is simply not wide enough and still has one curb to climb. Why is the grass still there? So many questions and too Pythonesque for me. 

IMG_1421.PNG

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Keshvane said:

Can someone from DOI decide what this monumental waste of money is. Today I noticed the bike has been paired in again after painting it out on double time one Sunday. If it is a cycle lane it is simply not wide enough and still has one curb to climb. Why is the grass still there? So many questions and too Pythonesque for me. 

IMG_1421.PNG

Looks like they had to paint the old bike out as there aren’t any over here with oval wheels

The cycle path was mentioned at the Ballabeg traffic meeting last week. The head of DOI Highways said that there is a long term desire within IOM Govt and the south side commissioners to create an "active pathway" linking Port St Mary, Port Erin and Castletown. This will eventually follow the coast around Pooil Vaaish and Scarlett (interesting to see how that will pan out) and as Shore Road needed major works it would have been remiss of them to not at least make a start by doing what they have

41 minutes ago, Giggleberrys said:

The cycle path was mentioned at the Ballabeg traffic meeting last week. The head of DOI Highways said that there is a long term desire within IOM Govt and the south side commissioners to create an "active pathway" linking Port St Mary, Port Erin and Castletown. This will eventually follow the coast around Pooil Vaaish and Scarlett (interesting to see how that will pan out) and as Shore Road needed major works it would have been remiss of them to not at least make a start by doing what they have

Lets just hope that they don't do the rest in the same fashion then....

As a keen cyclist and cycling commuter I am keen to encourage efforts to improve safety. I'll give this a try but looking at it il worried about what would happen if something was coming the other way. It just looks too narrow to be safe. Also, how do you safely get onto it when travelling towards castletown.  Its not quite the heritage trail 'someones going to die' aboration that is the entrance opposite the quarter bridge but it's not great to have no safe crossing/entrances to cycle paths. 

20 minutes ago, MrPB said:

That pedestrian looks like a Neanderthal. Who the hell painted that as well.

They honestly can’t get anything right. Also why is the grass still there? Clearly there is no room for cyclists and pedestrians to share that stretch of pathway as it’s far too narrow. Another doomed DOI project. They really are a joke. 

The grassed verge is the next length to be done. FFS

Archived