Liverpool FC..Has any team been so lucky ever.

SJR

On 5/4/2024 at 8:04 AM, TheTeapot said:

I fail to see why a Manchester United fan feels emboldened enough to hand out shit. Your club is mostly a mess. There is no plan. They've had another shit season, played absolute dross for much of it, and are almost certainly going to lose another FA Cup final to City and finish 6th. Shut the fuck up.

This takes me back to the school playground.

“ My team is better than your team”

” No it’s not. Your team is rubbish”

” Yaah boo sucks”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This takes me back to the school playground.

“ My team is better than your team”

” No it’s not. Your team is rubbish”

” Yaah boo sucks”

Everton supporter are you…. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Everton supporter are you…. :rolleyes:

Well as you rightly infer I do find Everton supporters more insightful and constructive when discussing all things football. 
Rather than suggesting the person with whom they are engaging just to “ shut the fuck up” or similar  sentiments🙂

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Quite an entertaining scoreline from last night. 

Amusing that in three games this season Liverpool could not get a win against United.

Unfortunately last night is just another example of the poor recruitment decisions that have been made and the general malaise that has been allowed to settle in at United.  It also looks like the players have downed tools again.  I would suggest that now would be an opportunity to let some of the talent young players gain some experience, however, the downside is that it could be toxic though.

Well yes, the mighty lions have been the luckiest team this season, we really don't deserve to be fourth as we have played so badly at times it's been unbelievable. The poorest Man U team ever  thrashed us, we then go on to beat the best teams Man City and Arsenal at home, Man City at home we played well, but both Arsenal games we were just lucky, as we were clearly not on their level. Monday night Liverpool showed what a poor team going forward we are and what we lacked in defence, but just got lucky, may the luck be with us next season. But the best of the season was the appointment of Wayne Rooney as manager at City, what an inspired signing.

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

Well yes, the mighty lions have been the luckiest team this season, we really don't deserve to be fourth as we have played so badly at times it's been unbelievable. The poorest Man U team ever  thrashed us, we then go on to beat the best teams Man City and Arsenal at home, Man City at home we played well, but both Arsenal games we were just lucky, as we were clearly not on their level. Monday night Liverpool showed what a poor team going forward we are and what we lacked in defence, but just got lucky, may the luck be with us next season. But the best of the season was the appointment of Wayne Rooney as manager at City, what an inspired signing.

"To be honest with you, I watched Aston Villa and I can't believe the scoreline. Honestly Aston Villa played fantastic football and just lost to bad goals.  Newcastle are going to be very difficult to beat, in their own ground in particular, and their manager has done a great job there. It's a surprising game, football. You can play teams off the pitch and not score - that's what Aston Villa did."

Sir Alex Ferguson after Villa lost to Newcastle.  You may claim they have been lucky but Ferguson saw that they were a good team early in the season.

Villa are good. Emery is a smart manager, he's got the team mostly playing well and they've got a superstar centre forward. They lost three key players to season ending injuries too. 

They don't have much of a plan B though, so if a team can stop them from doing plan A then things don't go so well which is why they've had a few heavy defeats, but that's ok I'd suggest.

Leon Bailey keeps getting better too, he looked promising when he signed but erratic, he's improved a lot. 

I hope the board back Emery in the summer, if he wants it. Good times at Villa Park, quite surprised by @Holte End post really. I'd expect villa fans to be thrilled.

On 5/15/2024 at 4:50 PM, TheTeapot said:

I hope the board back Emery in the summer, if he wants it. Good times at Villa Park, quite surprised by @Holte End post really. I'd expect villa fans to be thrilled.

It is because true Villa fans are the most pessimistic supporters in the land. Our motto should read confidence breads complacency. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 9:55 AM, manxman1980 said:

Unfortunately last night is just another example of the poor recruitment decisions that have been made and the general malaise that has been allowed to settle in at United.  It also looks like the players have downed tools again.  I would suggest that now would be an opportunity to let some of the talent young players gain some experience, however, the downside is that it could be toxic though.

The most striking thing for me about United’s season is that they’ve finished on negative goal difference.