Liverpool FC..Has any team been so lucky ever.

SJR

"If I have a fish for tea the tide will come in tomorrow," said the old man. That night he had fish for tea and the next morning the high tide was lapping against the sea wall. "Told you," said the old man. 

2 hours ago, Declan said:

"If I have a fish for tea the tide will come in tomorrow," said the old man. That night he had fish for tea and the next morning the high tide was lapping against the sea wall. "Told you," said the old man. 

Thanks Eric

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Arne Slot it is then...

A Dutch manager with an administration for Pep Guardiola and a reputation for an attention to tactical discipline. 

Reminds me of a description of someone else....

Johan Cryuff?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Johan Cryuff?

Let's just leave this here...

There's a clear influence of Johan Cruyff from a man who was managing <<Dutch Club>>, while his players have mentioned how <<Dutch Manager>> demands that his team constantly attack. 

On 4/25/2024 at 5:14 PM, woolley said:

You're dissembling now. I said the wheels would come off and they have. OK, so they are a little dense, and it took the news some time to penetrate.

On 4/26/2024 at 8:56 AM, Declan said:

Perfect analogy. Congratulations. It was indeed just as predictable as the tide coming in. The only thing you missed was the idiot on the sideline insisting that in this case the tide wouldn't come in because of the special "club culture" at Liverpool". I never knew Canute's followers were scousers.

I see they were airing the dirty linen on the touchline yesterday with Mo and Clippety squaring up to each other. And you said the wheels wouldn't come off.

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Dutch managers don't really seem to do do well outside of Holland so interesting appointment if it goes through 

Frank Rijkaard

Leo Beenhakker

Johan Cruyff

Louis van Gaal

Rinus Michels

These guys beg to differ...