And he's gone again

Amadeus

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Why? He’s from the Himalayas. It’s summer to him

Reportedly he didn't fend too well last time? Under nourished through lack of food? It won't be any better 3 months on at this time of the year.

But he clearly has a Stalag Luft fixation about the Wildlife Park. And an initiative that clearly exceeds that of his keepers.

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Reportedly he didn't fend too well last time? Under nourished through lack of food? It won't be any better 3 months on at this time of the year.

Red pandas (like their namesake) mainly eat bamboo, especially fresh shoots and leaves.  Not much of that in Tholt-y-Will, even at other times of year.  Wiki reckons it is coming up to the mating season, so that may have driven the latest escape (they roam a bit during that).  The previous escape was opportunistic, but may have given him the taste for it.

7 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I see an opportunity for IOMG to sponsor landowners in the Curragh to grow bamboo

Before or after the landowners see an opportunity to claim a subsidy....?

I think it's time the government took the hint that the "Wildlife Park" (ZOO) should be progressively dismantled and done away with. Zoos are a bygone of the old empire days and were just a way to show off animals from the colonies. More and more people are realising that zoos and circuses are immoral or unethical and we've seen circuses giving up live animal features, lots of negative publicity about sea world, mistreatment of animals in third world zoos being highlighted, and it's only a matter of time before people stop visiting "zoos" too. We should promote the native species and help to facilitate re-population of extinct animals, but this can be done via international bodies and not through these third rate zoos where the animals are glared at all day such as at the Curraghs. It's little more than a concentration camp for animals and this panda seems to agree with that assessment.

I hope that he is safe and well where ever he is and that he remains so until his return to the safe environs of the Curraghs. However, you can't help but think there is a certain 'Romanticism' in his escape from captivity      Go Cush Go!!!!!!

I hope the little devil is proud of his adventures but realises that a stir fried bamboo with half rice and chips is for the best!

10 hours ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

I just thought i saw him lying on the  new horse tram concrete,kinda like a" can you spot the outline of a " but then ive just spent all day in, Sam Webbs,Quids Inn,etc.....perhaps it was an illusion.

Maybe you should stay out of Sam Webbs… ;)

17 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

I think it's time the government took the hint that the "Wildlife Park" (ZOO) should be progressively dismantled and done away with. Zoos are a bygone of the old empire days and were just a way to show off animals from the colonies. More and more people are realising that zoos and circuses are immoral or unethical and we've seen circuses giving up live animal features, lots of negative publicity about sea world, mistreatment of animals in third world zoos being highlighted, and it's only a matter of time before people stop visiting "zoos" too. We should promote the native species and help to facilitate re-population of extinct animals, but this can be done via international bodies and not through these third rate zoos where the animals are glared at all day such as at the Curraghs. It's little more than a concentration camp for animals and this panda seems to agree with that assessment.

There I agree with you

Replace it with unwanted heritage buildings like the dismantled Folklife gallery and the Groudle Hotel

Archived