Cornonavirus: self isolating, home working, tips and questions

Chinahand

Are you working from home?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You a landlord ??

Don't think so.

You seemed to brag that you had conned your way into sheltered housing and were living a subsidised life funded by the UK taxpayer.

Has that changed ?

Or in my post 60 year old  dotage, do I have the wrong poster ?

Don't think I ever did that 'cos Im certainly not!  I've arranged my affairs such that I'm free of paying UK tax and my investments are outside of the reach of the UK treasury (okay I'm a bit hypocritical in that respect) and the only receipt that I get from the UK treasury is the State Age Related Benefit aka the old age pension .

Our home certainly is sheltered but sheltered by a couple of old ash trees and a very old English oak. Not  much use though, all the leaves drop off in autumn leaving bare branches, blocked gutters, and a bloody mess on the garden with the East wind free to blow straight from the Russian Steppes to our place with only a few Brussel Sprouts in the way and those buggers lay down flat from early November to late March - or so it feels!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, FDR said:

Rog owns at least a hundred slums in Douglas.

No thanks, I've got some self respect!

I've got a few ex holiday boarding houses converted into HMO's in Lowestoft and Gt Yarmouth.  

10 minutes ago, Rog said:

Don't think I ever did that 'cos Im certainly not!  I've arranged my affairs such that I'm free of paying UK tax and my investments are outside of the reach of the UK treasury (okay I'm a bit hypocritical in that respect) and the only receipt that I get from the UK treasury is the State Age Related Benefit aka the old age pension .

Our home certainly is sheltered but sheltered by a couple of old ash trees and a very old English oak. Not  much use though, all the leaves drop off in autumn leaving bare branches, blocked gutters, and a bloody mess on the garden with the East wind free to blow straight from the Russian Steppes to our place with only a few Brussel Sprouts in the way and those buggers lay down flat from early November to late March - or so it feels!

Well, in that case I am sorry to infer that.

Who was the poster that was thought to be dead, only to reappear much later. They then said they were living in the |UK in sheltered housing and did their very best to take the piss out of anyone local here. ?

12 minutes ago, Rog said:

A parasite feeding off the UK then, you need draining out of the swamp.

11 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

It is the UK's HMRC who are the parasites feeding off the UK taxpayer. I wholeheartedly agree with and endorse UK taxpayers finding any possible means to avoid paying tax.

3 minutes ago, FDR said:

It is the UK's HMRC who are the parasites feeding off the UK taxpayer. I wholeheartedly agree with and endorse UK taxpayers finding any possible means to avoid paying tax.

PRICK

Who pays for your services then ?

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Well, in that case I am sorry to infer that.

Who was the poster that was thought to be dead, only to reappear much later. They then said they were living in the |UK in sheltered housing and did their very best to take the piss out of anyone local here. ?

Well I came down with the big C (not crabs) but certainly not to take the piss out of any Manxies.  As for living in sheltered accommodation - nah.  I'd take a one way trip to Switzerland first.

1 minute ago, Rog said:

Well I came down with the big C (not crabs) but certainly not to take the piss out of any Manxies.  As for living in sheltered accommodation - nah.  I'd take a one way trip to Switzerland first.

If you start going down hill,the slopes are the way to go.

21 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

The amount of tax that I've paid over the years is - well a WHOLE lot.i pay every penny that the law demands.

5 minutes ago, Rog said:

So it was you then. well done. You just deprived a child an operation. Twat.

Back to hints and tips. It's been amazing to see a company of several thousand temporarily close its offices and all work from home...seemlessly. Thousands of companies are doing this now, 10s of millions of employees affected.

If it wasn't for the internet...the economy would be 10 or even 100 times worse off than it is likely to be.

Historic, as well as worrying times.

Archived