Cornonavirus: self isolating, home working, tips and questions

Chinahand

Are you working from home?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am wondering if the Manx Goverment have a strategy in place, and wondering what is may be.

The social distancing i believe is more to do with the Viral Load ie.( 5 persons with the virus, giving it to one person at the same time ) , rather than the spread of it.

Maybe, us not getting the virus on the island could come back and haunt us, the reason being, if everywhere else gets it, and we don`t,  then we don`t get any immunity to it, we could therefore be at risk for a very long time to come.

May be a lock down, then sit and wait for a week or two, and see what happens, when we will hopefully have our own testing in place.

We then pull in cars at random at the grandstand and do compulsory testing for both positive tests, and testing for ammunity, the results would then reveal the % of the population that have either had the virus, or are immune to it, we then open up for 4 weeks, then go into lock down again, then repeat the tests, then repeat the process again, when we get to 90% of the population have immune to it, we then go back to a normal society, however the elderly would have to wait for a vaccine, which could be 18 months way.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

The social distancing i believe is more to do with the Viral Load ie.( 5 persons with the virus, giving it to one person at the same time ) , rather than the spread of it.

Is this right? 

23 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Is this right? 

Yes - the last thing you want in the Shoprite queue is some guy dumping his viral load on you.

Archived