Cornonavirus: self isolating, home working, tips and questions

Chinahand

Are you working from home?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Data is king in times of uncertainty!?

So let's have a survey - are you working from home?  Are you, or a family member, symptomatic?

Vote, but also change your vote if your circumstances change!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting pretty worried about my work situation, had a job postponed because the clients are self isolating. It was a couple of weeks work too supposed to start next Monday. Got about 10 days work booked in. Self employed too. Fuck.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Getting pretty worried about my work situation, had a job postponed because the clients are self isolating. It was a couple of weeks work too supposed to start next Monday. Got about 10 days work booked in. Self employed too. Fuck.

Sadly, it's you guys who'll feel the brunt of this

A lot will bear the brunt of this. Hospitality, events, food and drink providers, tourist accommodation - the list goes on. 

I’m on minimum wage with no savings (Only just recently moved back into bricks and mortar) but have had to leave work because I’m dealing with mainly older people all day. Hopefully I’ll get signed off and the invalidity payments will at least cover the monthly direct debits but for people like Teapot, if the work dries up, what will he do? 

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Rice and beans and run the risk of getting kicked out of the flat in a couple of weeks when the rent money runs out. Fucking bullshit.

I would hope that nobody loses their home over this. Banks appear to be going the extra mile to help out. Private landlords should do the same. We are all caught up in this vicious circle...

8 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I'm yes to 1 and 2...bit no to 3...but am self isolating as I am shopping/supporting elderly folk.

That's me too. Though this contract will end sooner or later because of the current situation. But I've lived through worse (for me I mean) and will pick it up again.

Did you find it difficult to convince older people to take it seriously?

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

That's me too. Though this contract will end sooner or later because of the current situation. But I've lived through worse and will pick it up again.

Did you find it difficult to convince older people to take it seriously?

Not difficult, folks calmly made the decision last week to start isolating this week.

Only prob now is my son's family today isolating because of his child's symptoms (sent home, hopefully just a cold). However that makes all my answers above 'yes' now as I was there a day ago.

Poopy pants time for me for 7 days now though :)

Archived