Cornonavirus: self isolating, home working, tips and questions

Chinahand

Are you working from home?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Chinahand said:

The law of the country you are resident in requires you to declare worldwide income. Are you doing that?

What kind of idiot would declare all their income to the tax authorities? lmao 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, dilligaf said:

bollocks. You are correct. So sorry Rog,. I owe you an apology. That Barry Stevens is a curse. Among, many other terms.

ABSOLUTELY no apology necessary but thanks nonetheless.

14 hours ago, Chinahand said:

The law of the country you are resident in requires you to declare worldwide income. Are you doing that?

LOL!

I'll take the fifth on that!  Just as well I've got dual nationality eh!

That was a question addressed to Rog - he lives in the UK and it does require reporting of worldwide income.  Considering Rog's regular comments on this forum about obeying a country's laws this shows him to be a total hypocrite.  And dual nationality has nothing to do it.  If he's resident in the UK he has a legal requirement to declare his entire income.  He doesn't get to cherry pick what laws apply to him and which don't.  

53 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

That was a question addressed to Rog - he lives in the UK and it does require reporting of worldwide income.  Considering Rog's regular comments on this forum about obeying a country's laws this shows him to be a total hypocrite dick.  And dual nationality has nothing to do it.  If he's resident in the UK he has a legal requirement to declare his entire income.  He doesn't get to cherry pick what laws apply to him and which don't.  

Minor but important amendment...

An interesting first week working FT from home (wfh).

Another couple or 3 observations:

1. Managers coming out of the woodwork. Where did all these people, you could never usually get hold of in the past, spend all their time previously?

2. The dangers of wfh micromanagement...some managers desperate to prove their worth I suppose...but sometimes at the expense of diverting you from your primary focus. You have to push many people back.

3. Excess meetings. Some resulting from cabin fever, others from 1. above.

I suppose these things will bed down over time.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, TheDruid-3X3 said:

I Hate Coronavirus!

Grouchy_Smurf_%28SA%29.png

Look on the bright side. You’ve posted photos of your kitchen and stove top. If you can survive that biohazard you’re probably immune.

Just catching up on the thread. Good to see @dilligaf apologising to Rog for mixing him up with Barrie
Unforgiveable, but Rog forgave!

On 3/18/2020 at 7:37 PM, FDR said:

Rog owns at least a hundred slums in Douglas.

But @FDR is mixing Rog up with Ian Abrahams.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, Chinahand said:

That was a question addressed to Rog - he lives in the UK and it does require reporting of worldwide income.  Considering Rog's regular comments on this forum about obeying a country's laws this shows him to be a total hypocrite.  And dual nationality has nothing to do it.  If he's resident in the UK he has a legal requirement to declare his entire income.  He doesn't get to cherry pick what laws apply to him and which don't.  

Ask me if I care.

What matters to me is what I can get away with and so what I abode with are the eleventh and twelfth Commandments.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, Chinahand said:

I beg to differ.

The UK does allow some people to be taxed on an alternative basis. Rog may be one of them.

Archived