IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Haha. If Rob Callister is saying one thing you can be fully assured the other thing is happening.

That is what made me think it was correct. He was on the radio spouting how important the TT is. To me that is him getting the pro TT public/ voters onside before the announcement that it is off.

As I have said before on a few occasions, until there is a vaccine the TT is a non starter.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

If it is cancelled then the cost to taxpayers in support, lost tax income ,unemployment benefits etc would be enormous but never mind some in here will say it benefits economy to keep borders closed and be brigadoon 

We need to look for new revenue streams, that don’t involve people dying for income. This is 2020. Not 1920. Rob Callister is a dick of the first order

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

If it is cancelled then the cost to taxpayers in support, lost tax income ,unemployment benefits etc would be enormous but never mind some in here will say it benefits economy to keep borders closed and be brigadoon 

Surely the cost would be much less - compared with planning for an event which then has to be cancelled - or running an event at considerable direct and indirect public expense but which very few are able to attend?

Especially given that the audience for motorcycling comprises mostly only elderly people - ie those potentially most at risk.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

That is what made me think it was correct. He was on the radio spouting how important the TT is. To me that is him getting the pro TT public/ voters onside before the announcement that it is off.

As I have said before on a few occasions, until there is a vaccine the TT is a non starter.

Well the Donald says it will be ready in November and according to reports the Russian one does actually create antibodies and trigger immune reactions 

Just now, pongo said:

Surely the cost would be much less - compared with planning for an event which then has to be cancelled - or running an event at considerable direct and indirect public expense but which very few are able to attend?

That will still have people dying for no better reason than income.

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well the Donald says it will be ready in November and according to reports the Russian one does actually create antibodies and trigger immune reactions 

That's okay if you are prepared to risk growing breasts as a man or a penis if you are a woman.

I would not think there will be much uptake of any vaccine with little testing, especially one pushed by Donald Domestos Trump.

ETA. Having thought about it I may be willing to risk it, I could spend hours in the shower washing my new pert breasts...………...

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

With the Russians' recent record on chemicals, would you trust a word they say....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

I would not think there will be much uptake of any vaccine with little testing, especially one pushed by Donald Domestos Trump.

Would you rather take the Trump vaccine or the Putin vaccine?  I can't decide.

Two sides of the same coin those guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pongo said:

Oh I don’t know a non TT cost us £960,000 this year (plus loss of VAT, boat fares, other spend). Plus they won’t be laying off anyone involved so they’ll just be paid to put on another non event. Probably for doing a lot of cycling actually like this TT week. You also have to consider we now run a ferry company which if it’s the case will still be carrying no tourists 9 months from now. The loses would be astronomical just on that side. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

Would you rather take the Trump vaccine or the Putin vaccine?  I can't decide.

Two sides of the same coin those guys.

Tough question, should be on one of those psychology tests alongside other classic questions like "Do trees make a sound when they topple if nobody is there to hear them" and  "Serena or Venus? "

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Oh I don’t know a non TT cost us £960,000 this year (plus loss of VAT, boat fares, other spend). Plus they won’t be laying off anyone involved so they’ll just be paid to put on another non event. Probably for doing a lot of cycling actually like this TT week. You also have to consider we now run a ferry company which if it’s the case will still be carrying no tourists 9 months from now. The loses would be astronomical just on that side. 

I would guess that the £960,000 figure was bollocks and included incentives to preferred teams. Brown envelopes don’t come cheap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

But by the sound of it we could shortly be up for "improvements" at our oh-so-tired Sea Terminal, even if there's no-one to pass through it for the time being.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Plus you would have all the losses for tourism industry together with all associated eg taxis, food suppliers, entertainment etc