IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Quayle referenced the infection rate number of 1 in 5,000 as the trigger point for further easing on restrictions.

It could be many months, perhaps years before we see the U.K. get there as social distancing & schools returning means they’ve completely given up on this. Not that they really started in all honesty.

It pains me to say it as I absolutely love(d) the TT, it’s gone next year and likely gone forever.

BUT ... we’ve protected the NHS!

I think you may well be wrong re the TT. Even if (and it's a big if) it doesn't run next year, certain government people will do everything they can regardless of cost to revive it

19 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I think you may well be wrong re the TT. Even if (and it's a big if) it doesn't run next year, certain government people will do everything they can regardless of cost to revive it

Yesssssss, more taxpayers millions!

Our kids are going to be made up.

Huge impact on Airport passenger figures out now too (Independent P2). Passenger figures down between 71% and as much as 99% over monthly figures March to July though LoganAir saw an increase of 59% in their business. 

Easyjet now stating that they will not resume flights until IoM border restrictions are removed although their website currently shows flights resuming October 25th.

However Ports Director Ann Reynolds states that there has been no employment impact on DOI Airport staff. That's the important thing then.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Huge impact on Airport passenger figures out now too (Independent P2). Passenger figures down between 71% and as much as 99% over monthly figures March to July though LoganAir saw an increase of 59% in their business. 

Easyjet now stating that they will not resume flights until IoM border restrictions are removed although their website currently shows flights resuming October 25th.

However Ports Director Ann Reynolds states that there has been no employment impact on DOI Airport staff. That's the important thing then.

No impact on government staff but all the other staff employed eg baggage handlers, security staff, check in staff are massively impacted and getting reduced wages topped up with mera. Once this stops more staff will be redundant.

but don’t worry economy is doing well according to several on here 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Quayle referenced the infection rate number of 1 in 5,000 as the trigger point for further easing on restrictions.

It could be many months, perhaps years before we see the U.K. get there as social distancing & schools returning means they’ve completely given up on this. Not that they really started in all honesty.

It pains me to say it as I absolutely love(d) the TT, it’s gone next year and likely gone forever.

BUT ... we’ve protected the NHS!

Well that’s stupid.  “Infection rate” could actually be dropping (hospital admissions etc would suggest it is) but if the UK keep testing more people and continue testing younger people then the perceived “infection rate” is going to keep climbing.

without consistent testing regimes it’s just a meaningless number and likely won’t drop to that level for years - by which time the little manx bubble will be bankrupt and no doubt have the virus back anyway.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Well that’s stupid.  “Infection rate” could actually be dropping (hospital admissions etc would suggest it is) but if the UK keep testing more people and continue testing younger people then the perceived “infection rate” is going to keep climbing.

without consistent testing regimes it’s just a meaningless number and likely won’t drop to that level for years - by which time the little manx bubble will be bankrupt and no doubt have the virus back anyway.

Correct, Howie & ashie are just pandering to their base of scared pitchfork brigade 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

The sheeple don't understand the economic consequences.

It's all about zero cases.

Brainwashed.

Imagine being an Airport Fireman right now ... Wow, what a gig. 

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I'm not saying it's right but you know how things move when MHK's get a hard on for something...

They’ve got the biggest boner I’ve ever seen over the zero case number.

They’ll stop at nothing so long as the economy is crippled & Nobles remains empty.

In one breath Quayle told us he has a lot of sympathy for the hospitality sector & hoteliers.

Then in the next sentence says nobody from the U.K. can come in as it’s a numbers game.

I truly despair at the handling of this. It’s becoming deplorable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Rest assured there will be absolutely no impact on anyone in IOM Government at any time whatsoever whether there is a 99% downturn in whatever they are employed to do or not. 

• Like 8