IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

Have you got figures that cross reference the number of tests to the number of cases, and if these tests were done on people displaying symptoms or not?  Doubt it.

when this all kicked off the Uk tested people who were almost dead.  Those wandering around unaware they had Covid weren’t being picked up and there were likely hundreds of thousands of them.

Now the people being tested and found positive or “cases” are actually people who without a test largely wouldn’t even know they had it.

Deaths and hospital admissions are relevant statistics and dropping.

”cases” is a meaningless figure which alters based on who is being tested and when, and which would only be relevant if testing was either for the whole population every week or at the least a random sample of the population across all age brackets and demographics of exactly the same number of people each week.

The figures referenced in that article mean nothing and it’s a great example of the bullshit scaremongering that is scaring people - thanks for posting

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Have you got figures that cross reference if the number of tests to the number of cases, and if these tests were done on people displaying symptoms or not?  Doubt it.

when this all kicked off the Uk tested people who were almost dead.  Those wandering around unaware they had Covid weren’t being picked up and there were likely hundreds of thousands of them.

Now the people being tested and found positive or “cases” are actually people who without a test largely wouldn’t even know they had it.

”cases” is a meaningless figure which alters based on who is being tested and when, and which would only be relevant if testing was either for the whole population every week or at the least a random sample of the population across all age brackets and demographics of exactly the same number of people each week.

The figures referenced in that article mean nothing and it’s a great example of the bullshit scaremongering that is scaring people - thanks for posting

Well said that man (woman?).

Sheep will be sheep & will unfortunately lap up all that is fed to them via largely state controlled media channels.

There is an inability for many to think logically for themselves.

The emergence of Covid & the fear that has been perpetuated is staggering.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

But failing to mention hospital admissions & mortality rates at the lowest since the beginning of the ‘crisis’.

Why do you put the word crisis in single quotes? Do you not accept that this has been and remains a crisis?

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

Why do you put the word crisis in single quotes? Do you not accept that this has been and remains a crisis?

It has become a ‘crisis’ in the way it has been reported & dealt with.

It needn’t have been like this.

Its crackers like many here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Have you got figures that cross reference if the number of tests to the number of cases, and if these tests were done on people displaying symptoms or not?  Doubt it.

It's crazy to think that more testing would find more cases lol

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

It's crazy to think that more testing would find more cases lol

I know - Who would have thunked it ??

The hysteria around this now is insane.  Just wait until after the announcement at 4.  The local internet will melt :-)

It's actually got to a point where the covidiots who want everyone locked up for ever (some of whom have probably already had it without noticing) have got themselves in such a frenzy that I worry about the first positive cases come back.

There will be mobs and pitchforks and people demanding to know who it is and where they had been, why they were so "selfish" as to travel off island.  I genuinely think they need a plan in place to really ensure patient confidentiality but don't see how they can do that with track and trace.

• Like 1

You seem to forget that it will only take a handful of severe positive cases and ICU would be maxed out. You armchair warriors would be the first to complain if you or your family couldn't access hospital facilities when needed. The last thing we need is the UK covidiots thinking the IOM would be a great staycation destination & swamping resources here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I've said it once and happy to say it again. Once the UK have got Covid under control, I'll be more than happy for our borders to be opened up...

Whats "under control"?

In my opinion and based on hospital admissions and deaths it is well and truly under control.  The Riss at the moment are minuscule, like really, really minuscule so what defines "under control"?

The last four days in the UK the death rate - for the entire UK - is averaging 4!  As I understand it that's people who ave died and also tested positive for the virus.  It doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't have died anyway.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Whats "under control"?

In my opinion and based on hospital admissions and deaths it is well and truly under control.  The Riss at the moment are minuscule, like really, really minuscule so what defines "under control"?

The last four days in the UK the death rate - for the entire UK - is averaging 4!  As I understand it that's people who ave died and also tested positive for the virus.  It doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't have died anyway.

In that case, my second sentence applies. This however should not be based on the few on here clamouring for the borders to be opened up

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

In that case, my second sentence applies. This however should not be based on the few on here clamouring for the borders to be opened up

Well at last Howie has seen sense and as predicted gone to 7 days with test , so cost if £50 for 6 days off seems reasonable.

Told last night that it may be relaxation of travel restrictions and a new airway corridor.

15 hours ago, spoiledbratoframsey said:

It wouldn't be bad if the government releases some statistics about inbound/outbound migration; thus we know who is leaving and who is coming to live here.

Will ID cards for border controls be a thought for the future.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well at last Howie has seen sense and as predicted gone to 7 days with test , so cost if £50 for 6 days off seems reasonable.

Isn't this what should have been done a long time ago...