IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well the demand for changes has been growing from residents who have close family in UK.

I miss my daughter very much but I’m happy to wait until they’ve got COVID under control in the UK til I see her, we have WhatsApp. That said, as soon as the borders open I’m getting her over here :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 2bees said:

I miss my daughter very much but I’m happy to wait until they’ve got COVID under control in the UK til I see her, we have WhatsApp. That said, as soon as the borders open I’m getting her over here :)

So if they opened them tomorrow you’d be straight across despite nothing has changed in the UK? 

10 minutes ago, Southfork said:

So if they opened them tomorrow you’d be straight across despite nothing has changed in the UK? 

That’s not true though is it?

You are now almost certainly not going to die of Covid even if you did contract the virus.

The narrative of fear & doom needs to change.

The UK are now rationing tests, probably to massage the new case figures.

That said, the UK might as well have adopted the Swedish model. If the whole country weren’t prepared to buy into the lockdown, it was always a pointless exercise.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

That’s not true though is it?

You are now almost certainly not going to die of Covid even if you did contract the virus.

The narrative of fear & doom needs to change.

The UK are now rationing tests, probably to massage the new case figures.

That said, the UK might as well have adopted the Swedish model. If the whole country weren’t prepared to buy into the lockdown, it was always a pointless exercise.

The point I was trying to make was on blind trust in government controls. If they opened the borders tomorrow most people would change their tune but essentially nothing different has happened. It’s just that government has “allowed” them to do something therefore they assume it’s now safe even if the risks are the same (or less). This whole thing is nonsense now. People should take responsibility for themselves and not think that government has to make their decisions for them. 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dunroamin said:

Agreed.

A weekly press release is all that is needed with a live briefing if there is significant news to break.

Qyayle is the Godfather of pomp, fanfare & spunking cash.

Edited by Nom de plume

13 hours ago, Banker said:

You talk some shit and know nothing of economics or people as others have said your contempt for the unemployed is staggering.

no one mentioned thousands, I said it will go up and the economy will be badly hit particularly in winter. You seem to think that a half full concert and busy pubs over the weekend means economy is booming, grow up!!

How does "ticking over" mean "booming"? Twat!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Officially we're on level 4? In reality we're at level 3 already. Are they looking to move to level 2?

Not really, I thought Level 3 allowed non resident family members to come over, and then isolate. I have elderly relatives that would love to visit us and would self isolate upon arrival, but this isn't currently allowed.