Comin IQ halved Chris Thomas sacked.

Holte End

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

the bees, the reason I am so down on Thomas is because he was very patronising towards me when he was totally in the wrong and was proved wrong a more arrogant man I have yet to meet and a friend of mine who is a constituent of his had the same treatment when she approached about a matter.  To vote against closing the borders shows the mentality of this man.

More arrogant than Robertshaw or Eddie Teare last time around? Boot never comes across of being a particularly humble man either

2 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Well he had the integrity to vote against something he didn't believe in and for that Howie sacked him! He will be looking for another yes man , Rob Callister fits the bill!!

If he had real integrity he would have resigned first and then voted against something he did not believe in. Waiting to be sacked looks like hoping quietly you will get away with it.

I do not like the current ministerial system. Back benchers should out number ministers and members if departments but whilst we have it unfortunately it only really works if ministers do vote whatever way the council of ministers have decided.

As a compromise I think that if a matter passes in the council of ministers with only 1 or 2 voting against they should vote collectively. If 3 or more vote against a matter then it should be a free vote  

3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

What actually is the point of having a council of ministers anyway? Why not just have one person deciding what's what? 

They have, fat knacker Quayle

This appears to be another thread where people just have a go at HQ because they don't like him.

What do they suggest HQ should have done instead just let CT ignore the rules agreed by the council of ministers. As I say whether or not you like a council of ministers it works because they sign up to collectively responsibility & vote accordingly. That has been the way now for many years and if you vote against without a pre-declared position you will get sacked. It is nothing new. If HQ had done nowt HQ would have been accused of being weak. Pail Moulton was at the press briefing today asking Ashford would CT be sacked.

Like night follows day, vote against the council of ministers without a pre declared position and you get sacked. That is relevant as to who is chief minister or who is the minister. It is a simply way to resign and play the martyr without having the guts to resign

Archived