Comin IQ halved Chris Thomas sacked.

Holte End

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations you Muppet Quayle ..Last time I looked we were a democracy but recently I've had my suspicions. This has just confirmed we haven't . This is so wrong on so many levels. Like him or loath him doesnt matter .It shouldn't be my way or the high way but clearly faceless civil servants are deciding policy and the likes. Quayle hasnt the iq to come up with anything sensible and this proves it . 

Thomas is a honest man of great integrity. Unusual in a politician. Granted he talks too much, but he is bright and capable and we are poorer for losing him. Comin, apart from Cannan & Allison is void of great intelligence, and collectively are the opposite of bold and dynamic. We are led by Mr Nice but not terribly bright, a Health Minister who knows his brief but is overly cautious and timid and an entourage of bit part players who I would never ever employ in any significant capacity. These are the people who we must now trust to extract us intact from this crisis and its aftermath. Crageen, Skelly, Harmer and Boot, need I say more. I despair.

I wonder if they've told Quayle that he's sacked Thomas yet?   Given that when Beecroft (as was) was sacked, Quayle didn't even do it himself, but sat in a corner when Greenhow did the dirty deed, it's possible they just sent the e-mail this time and forgot to copy Quayle in.

Edited as typed 'e-maul' for 'e-mail'.  Though thinking about it ...

27 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Congratulations you Muppet Quayle ..Last time I looked we were a democracy but recently I've had my suspicions. This has just confirmed we haven't . This is so wrong on so many levels. Like him or loath him doesnt matter .It shouldn't be my way or the high way but clearly faceless civil servants are deciding policy and the likes. Quayle hasnt the iq to come up with anything sensible and this proves it . 

Whether we like it or not we have a council of minister whilst we have that if you want to be in that club you have signed up to the rules which is that you accept collective responsibility unless you have a pre declared position. If you don't like it don't sign up.

Once you are in if you want to vote against why don't any of them resign first and then vote. Virtually all vote against the council of ministers and then wait to be sacked. It is as if they are trying to play the martyr rather than haveing the courage of their convictions.   

OMG that's completely outrageous and to admit it was because he voted against them - I was in a bit of a mood with Mr Thomas (he can be quite patronising and I'd rather someone told me to get lost than spew bollocks at me - literally, that paints a very unpleasant picture) but I'm not any more. Brrr to Howard it's all about me and his cronies. 

Thank goodness this idiot has been sacked, he was useless spoke mumbo jumbo and relied on smoke and mirrors to get  him through.   There were loads of members of this forum slagging him off not so long ago now they have turned on the C.M.   This Wally voted against closing the borders.....that shows how stupid he is.   He is totally arrogant and I am glad he has been demoted and would be delighted to see him out next year.

Unlike the other media outlets, IOM Newspapers did at least report the vote in Tynwald where Thomas's vote meant that the Government lost its amendment.  It was a typical civil service attempt to do things behind closed doors and exclude the plebs, so no wonder they're upset.

The whole idea of ministerial and departmental responsibility makes sense when there are sufficient members in a legislature to vote anything down.  Because Tynwald and the Keys in particular are rigged so there is always a majority for measures - even though they are nearly all supposed to be 'Independent' - it becomes a dictatorship.

the bees, the reason I am so down on Thomas is because he was very patronising towards me when he was totally in the wrong and was proved wrong a more arrogant man I have yet to meet and a friend of mine who is a constituent of his had the same treatment when she approached about a matter.  To vote against closing the borders shows the mentality of this man.

Archived