Nunnery incident

Townend

5 hours ago, Golfer said:

Try going to a doctor, my mum aged 89 needs to be seen but all you can get is maybe a telephone call in a week as we can’t see anyone !!

friend needing urgent filling , managed to get appointment privately but cost was extra £30 for ppe required as per government guidelines then no further appointment allowed for minimum 30 minutes with Windows open

what kind of filling are you expecting off a doctor?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is bad people need looking after, my surgery does next day telephone consultations and if the Dr is concerned you get an appointment.   I cannot see why dentists are not performing as usual there is not a lot more risk filling a tooth than pulling one especially if it is a difficult extraction and they are doing extractions.   The thought of having toothache for three months is beyond desperate.    

Some of you more mature members will remember the a White Hoe the infectious diseases hospital or the fever hossy as it was known, scarlet fever, T B. etc.   it would have been the perfect place to treat Covid 19 and Nobles could have carried on, what the fallout from over three months of clinics and proceedures being put on the back boiler will be god only knows especially as there were long waiting lists in the first place.  It also has been found a lot of cross contamination was made across by bank nurses, especially in care homes, why can we not have enough nurses without resorting to bank nursing we used to.

25 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

That is bad people need looking after, my surgery does next day telephone consultations and if the Dr is concerned you get an appointment.  

They’re probably concerned for your welfare. You sound like you’re in a vulnerable group 

8 hours ago, woolley said:

At the moment, Gladys, despite a month without a Covid case and barring a 999 emergency, it is virtually impossible to get any healthcare assistance whatsoever in the Isle of Man. Everything has been sacrificed on the altar of this infection. I know a lot of people. It's the same story for cancer, cardiac, physio, orthopaedics, dentistry, you name it. Letters were sent out months ago cancelling appointments, and advising that anyone who has issues or concerns should contact their GP. GP's reaction on being told this: "Really?", and they have no clue, can give no information on when this state of affairs is going to change. It is ludicrous.

How dare you complain - ‘Howie’ and ‘Ashy’ have everything under control...or so their sycophantic juvenile fan club at Jef the Fucking Mongoose would have us believe.

31 minutes ago, Frances said:

White Hoe is now a cleared patch - it was empty for many years especially after the vibration from IRIS started -

That's Ivy Cottage/s. The clearance being due to yet another (there are many) huge expensive hangover from the IRIS Scheme.

White Hoe referred to is the building across the railway lines, where the juvenile secure unit is now. (White Hoe was the originalcottage on the Castletown Road at the top of the lane.

6 minutes ago, gettafa said:

That's Ivy Cottage/s. The clearance being due to yet another (there are many) huge expensive hangover from the IRIS Scheme.

White Hoe referred to is the building across the railway lines, where the juvenile secure unit is now. (White Hoe was the originalcottage on the Castletown Road at the top of the lane.

Reminds me that I once got laughed at by a Manxie for sounding the H in the Hoe of "White Hoe". I'm not sure how authentic "White Oh" is in the Manx vernacular. I did say in response that I wasn't about to take lessons in pronunciation from someone who spoke "thirteen" so tortuously that there was neither "i" nor "r" in it. Had no idea what I was on about.

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

That is bad people need looking after, my surgery does next day telephone consultations and if the Dr is concerned you get an appointment.   I cannot see why dentists are not performing as usual there is not a lot more risk filling a tooth than pulling one especially if it is a difficult extraction and they are doing extractions.   The thought of having toothache for three months is beyond desperate.    

There is no other profession  that can hold a population to ransom like  dentists can,but just remember, compared to doctors,they just tore a page out of the book and learned it.

17 hours ago, Golfer said:

Try going to a doctor, my mum aged 89 needs to be seen but all you can get is maybe a telephone call in a week as we can’t see anyone !!

friend needing urgent filling , managed to get appointment privately but cost was extra £30 for ppe required as per government guidelines then no further appointment allowed for minimum 30 minutes with Windows open

I phoned my GP practice on Friday and was offered a phone or face to face appointment this morning. I’d explained it wasn’t urgent. Now waiting for a phone call sometime this morning as they couldn’t give a specific time. 

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

I phoned my GP practice on Friday and was offered a phone or face to face appointment this morning. I’d explained it wasn’t urgent. Now waiting for a phone call sometime this morning as they couldn’t give a specific time. 

That seems an improvement on what a southern practice is offering, I've told her to ring mhk if no joy today.

11 hours ago, woolley said:

Reminds me that I once got laughed at by a Manxie for sounding the H in the Hoe of "White Hoe". I'm not sure how authentic "White Oh" is in the Manx vernacular. I did say in response that I wasn't about to take lessons in pronunciation from someone who spoke "thirteen" so tortuously that there was neither "i" nor "r" in it. Had no idea what I was on about.

It was spelt White Hoe in the 1800s. Maybe a Manx etymologist could say, but I gave up on them, when an expert in Manx was insisting on Manx Radio that Andreas was pronounced 'Andrus', because his old auntie used to say it that way and she lived there all her life. He had little social appreciation that people from a place - any place - when speaking to someone else from around the same place, will use a contraction, nickname, or whatever. eg 'Pully' for Pulrose. (A Manx Radio newsreader for example, doesn't say 'Pully'.)

17 minutes ago, gettafa said:

It was spelt White Hoe in the 1800s. Maybe a Manx etymologist could say, but I gave up on them, when an expert in Manx was insisting on Manx Radio that Andreas was pronounced 'Andrus', because his old auntie used to say it that way and she lived there all her life. He had little social appreciation that people from a place - any place - when speaking to someone else from around the same place, will use a contraction, nickname, or whatever. eg 'Pully' for Pulrose. (A Manx Radio newsreader for example, doesn't say 'Pully'.)

And neither do MR announce the word police correctly.... it's always pleece! Which annoys the hell out of She! :lol:

53 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

And neither do MR announce the word police correctly.... it's always pleece! Which annoys the hell out of She! :lol:

Or "nuclear". It's always "nukular".

Archived