MLC Joins Government

Donald Trumps

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

What share does Treasury have in Manx Telecom,

Having relinquished their half million quid a year 'license Fee' years ago. They should own the whole company by now???

I don't know how an MLC can justify being in one department of government, let alone two - they have no democratic mandate

They're appointed by the Keys to scrutinise their work & the legislation they produce, not involve themselves in departmental decision making

Acceptance of this political role puts the once admirable Ms Maska into the useless deadbeat bracket alongside the loathesome Henderson

"Taking on a second Departmental role won't compromise the scrutiny work of an MLC". So sayeth Mrs Maska.

Oddly enough, I seem to recall her MLC colleague, Ms August-Hanson recently relinquishing at least one Departmental role in the name of  concentrating on scrutiny work. Or am I mistaken?

Or does it just come down to personal abilities? Or Departmental politics?

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

"Taking on a second Departmental role won't compromise the scrutiny work of an MLC". So sayeth Mrs Maska.

Oddly enough, I seem to recall her MLC colleague, Ms August-Hanson recently relinquishing at least one Departmental role in the name of  concentrating on scrutiny work. Or am I mistaken?

It looks like an attempt to de-politicize the DOI to me on the basis that everything they touch turns to pure electoral shit and ruins anyone’s chances of getting re-elected. 

Moorhouse, commenting on his sudden departure from DoI, claims it is unrelated to the arrival of Baker as Minister. 

Do we believe him?

1 minute ago, Uhtred said:

Moorhouse, commenting on his sudden departure from DoI, claims it is unrelated to the arrival of Baker as Minister. 

Do we believe him?

We believe that there's an election coming and there's a distancing operation going on; distancing from the biggest Civil Engineering balls-up that has ever been inflicted on the Island.

Just now, Non-Believer said:

We believe that there's an election coming and there's a distancing operation going on; distancing from the biggest Civil Engineering balls-up that has ever been inflicted on the Island.

since IRIS.

Oh, and no I don't believe Moorhouse, because Baker probably realised a chocolate teapot would be more effective.

1 hour ago, finlo said:

Care to enlighten us as to who the cost will be shared with?

I can feel a "It'll be shared with Government" and a "It's not actually taxpayer's money" moment coming on....?

Archived