Man sacked for anonymous online comments

Mr Newbie

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Do I hear echoes of Dave Angel, Grayson. 

Posters who are banned and come back are readily identifiable. Words, language patterns, IP address. They may not be noticed for some time. But, eventually.

Newbie, you’re apparently new here. TJ and his more than 100 aliases/alter egos was banned for really good reasons. We’ve tried to accommodate him over the years. We’ve allowed him to post. But it always ends in tears. 

There’s no bullying. Just the pain of having to deal with incessant breaches and damage for 8 years. Hours of wasted moderator time. 90% of all moderator time and message/e-mail exchanges over 8 years taken up by TJ. More than AG.

Anyway his two concurrent aliases Rushen Spy and FDR are gone.

That’s a fairly confusing reply to be honest to what was to my mind a fairly innocuous series of posts in an attempt to follow up on the Stu Peters thread. To be clear Teapot mentioned doxxing first not me but to be fair there does seem to be regular doxxing on this site to the point that a relatively new poster like me can work out who is being doxxed. It’s not nice to be honest. I accept your view that you might have tried to accommodate a situation and perhaps it falls short of your specific bullying definition (?) But if the person referred to does have issues on the mental health side (as repeatedly seems to be suggested by various anonymous posters without any form of evidence being provided to back those assertions up) then surely that’s worse? But again I’m just repeating oft published suggestions on this site from anonymous posters. The role of moderator shouldn’t be a burden but if someone is not shouting or swearing, or being offensive, or rude, or otherwise being objectionable or offensive why would a forum seek to endorse suggestions that a poster is consistently banned and also allow posters to openly suggest that they are mental? Coming out of lockdown we are already seeing some of the awful consequences of isolation and social exclusion. We need to be much more caring and proportionate in the way we interact with other people. Virtual interactions as much as real life ones. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You seem to be trying to tie me into your paranoid weirdness. I'd prefer it if you did not thanks, you are misrepresenting my role in the earlier parts of this thread.

Apologies if that seems the case. But I was just clarifying that until you mentioned doxxing I had not. So you triggered my thought train on that matter in relation to MF. That’s all. I’m certainly not blaming you for anything. No harm or connection intended. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

That’s a fairly confusing reply to be honest to what was to my mind a fairly innocuous series of posts in an attempt to follow up on the Stu Peters thread. To be clear Teapot mentioned doxxing first not me but to be fair there does seem to be regular doxxing on this site to the point that a relatively new poster like me can work out who is being doxxed. It’s not nice to be honest. I accept your view that you might have tried to accommodate a situation and perhaps it falls short of your specific bullying definition (?) But if the person referred to does have issues on the mental health side (as repeatedly seems to be suggested by various anonymous posters without any form of evidence being provided to back those assertions up) then surely that’s worse? But again I’m just repeating oft published suggestions on this site from anonymous posters. The role of moderator shouldn’t be a burden but if someone is not shouting or swearing, or being offensive, or rude, or otherwise being objectionable or offensive why would a forum seek to endorse suggestions that a poster is consistently banned and also allow posters to openly suggest that they are mental? Coming out of lockdown we are already seeing some of the awful consequences of isolation and social exclusion. We need to be much more caring and proportionate in the way we interact with other people. Virtual interactions as much as real life ones. 

Nothing confusing.

im not aware of any doxxing and there have been no reports. Posts aren’t premoderated. Moderators don’t/can’t read every post.

TJ has been a problem here for 8 years. He’s been banned 100+ times. Not for language, but for the sheer mayhem he has caused, his direct approaches and threats to moderators. His repeated requests to delete content. His attempt at wholesale deletion of his own posts. His multiple posting personas.

i know nothing of his mental health issues. I’ve never met the guy. 

He’s repeatedly said he wanted nothing more to do with MF, that he’d never post again, and sworn he had no other accounts. Guess what, none of that was true.

Yes, people have used harsh words, words I deprecate, but moderators aren’t the taste police. He doesn’t have to visit here.

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I know nothing of his mental health issues. I’ve never met the guy. 

It seems that many other people allegedly do from the posts you read on here as it’s almost like you’re supposed to believe the (unmoderated) anonymous suggestions of mental incapacity directed at one poster vicariously. I suppose the issue of doxxing is subjective but if a relative newcomer can work out who is frequently accused of being “mental” and a “pest” then that is most certainly doxxing so I suppose that acts as feedback. I have seen the fallout of two suicides since lockdown. It’s thoroughly unpleasant and unnecessary and if people regarded as vulnerable (according to forum folklore pushed by numerous anonymous posters) are allowed to be targeted and picked off by anonymous forum users without any input from the moderators then that feels an uncomfortable potential liability position to be in. Just my view. Back to the original post and it looks like even anonymous online comments are now fair game for real life actions so I wonder how many posters here work in the media for a start off? 

Targeted and picked off?  Seems a little over dramatic. 

How do you target and pick off someone who has created hundreds of different user names and caused the site and moderators untold amounts of work?

It is crystal clear anyone acting in that manner has issues.  As you say, you are "relatively new" :whistling: so you are probably just wrong.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Anyway his two concurrent aliases Rushen Spy and FDR are gone.

There is a 100% likelihood that he will have a whole bunch more waiting in the wings. Even his aliases have got aliases. Have a look through the recently registered list. It's probably mostly him :)

In no time at all he'll be back  posting his 'Intellectual Dark Web' nonsense.

Dunno if anyone saw the stuff Crystal Palace forward Wilfred Zaha got sent? I saw it this morning, though ah well someone will find out who that guy is and he'll get tons of abuse and probably sacked. Turns out it was a 12 year old. What the fuck is wrong with people?

26 minutes ago, pongo said:

in no time at all he'll be back  posting his 'Intellectual Dark Web' nonsense.:)

But what real harm is in that at the end of this day if that's the case? You can always block content you don't like. It seems odd to me that anonymously doxxing and bullying someone endlessly is a solution to anything. Times have changed and we all need to be aware of the impact we have on others. Forum admins too. There are so many people who seem to be struggling at the moment as for some the world has totally changed. 

Archived