Man sacked for anonymous online comments

Mr Newbie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What is doxxing?I

I had to google it after Teapot mentioned it to be honest. Basically it seems to be giving away public information to expose someone on the the internet. So in this situation basically searching and making posts in order to expose someone who posts on an anonymous forum etc then hounding them maliciously for those posts. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I had to google it after Teapot mentioned it to be honest. Basically it seems to be giving away public information to expose someone on the the internet. So in this situation basically searching and making posts in order to expose someone who posts on an anonymous forum etc then hounding them maliciously for those posts. 

Has anyone done that about TJ?

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

Has anyone done that about TJ?

As a casual observer yes. As I said as a newish member here I worked out who they were all insulting and making unvalidated and wild and anonymous claims about after a few months. It’s not very nice really to bully one poster to that extent especially when they then give clues as to the identity of that poster. 

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

can you point out where he's been named?

You seem to misunderstand doxxing. It’s apparently giving way enough information and handing out enough targeted abuse without actually naming anyone. I’d never have heard if it until Teapot mentioned it but it seems to fit the profile of this forum well from what I’ve seen. 

4 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

can you point out where he's been named?

There's been a few "I see TJ has said XYZ on Vader's facebook group..." that make joining the dots quite easy. Might have done it myself.

TBH - in recent months I assumed you and Mr Newbie were either him or the angry guy (Boredom?), but now I check I see you've both been here since Sept / Oct and I just hadn't noticed you, so I guess not. 

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

There's been a few "I see TJ has said XYZ on Vader's facebook group..." that make joining the dots quite easy. Might have done it myself.

TBH - in recent months I assumed you and Mr Newbie were either him or the angry guy (Boredom?), but now I check I see you've both been here since Sept / Oct and I just hadn't noticed you, so I guess not. 

Angry?:lol:

Boredom and all his additional creations are obvious and thoroughly nasty/delusional.

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Angry?:lol:

Boredom and all his additional creations are obvious and thoroughly nasty/delusional.

To be honest I never really had much to do with him. He was just another poster there was nothing that signal him out from The Sultan or Neil Down or WTF and the other hair trigger brigade.

Archived