Big new boat in the bay!

Max Power

A new boat n the morning   

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Gladys said:

I get that Chef, but it does have an overall steammie look, I think.  I may be looking superficially at the livery, but it looks OK to me.  Not being a naval architect or particular authority on boats, I just thought I would put forward my view ahead of the expert crowd who will tell is all why it is so wrong. :cool:

IOMSPC livery was famously stolen by Cunard Line

You have to hang on to your stuff in Liverpool

If she's bigger than the Ben then she's going to be a tight fit in the Half Tide dock

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’m getting snippets. It’ll carry between 1100-1200 passengers. There’ll be more cabins and premium lounges/seating ( its all about up selling ). Slightly more freight and vehicle capacity. Service speed will be 18/19 knts but it will be capable of sustaining 25. That’ll give a sub 3 hour Heysham for TT, allowing 3 round trips a day at peak demand.

If successful over 3-4 years there’ll be a sister ship, to replace the fast craft.

Of course, if any of that is true, and not man in the pub talk, and I haven’t been in a pub since before lockdown, it raises interesting questions about the viability of Liverpool. it’ll never be full apart from TT, that’s a lot of over capacity, do we need a very expensive terminal for what isn’t our main gateway?

Should the people's ferry have premium lounges?

54 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

If she's bigger than the Ben then she's going to be a tight fit in the Half Tide dock

Now, would you bet against that....?

Can't you just see it. £50M spent and the boat won't go in it. We need another £25M to widen and extend. Or Peel Ports can sell us another plot of land to build another Terminal.

And as the one we've built is no good now we'll give it to PP.

16 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Now, would you bet against that....?

Can't you just see it. £50M spent and the boat won't go in it. We need another £25M to widen and extend. Or Peel Ports can sell us another plot of land to build another Terminal.

And as the one we've built is no good now we'll give it to PP.

I wouldn't bet against it being too big for Douglas.

14 hours ago, finlo said:

Being Korean at least it will be reliable.

To be fair, you couldn't ask for higher levels of reliability than they've had out of the Ben for over 20 years. Major constraint has been the scant passenger facilities.

55 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

In an emergency it's going to be a squeeze getting all of the passengers in that 1 tiny lifeboat.

855640-1.jpg

That's no lifeboat. That's the passenger accommodation. Rest of it devoted to freight. Follow the money.

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

IOMSPC livery was famously stolen by Cunard Line

You have to hang on to your stuff in Liverpool

She won’t be going in the half tide dock. The link span is in the river.

Archived