TT 2022 ??

Barlow

29 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

1886 are going all out and booked some fairly decent gigs veering slightly more towards the younger generation.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Bushy's Village.

It will either be a success and make oodles of money or will go the way of others - done their brains in.

24 minutes ago, Omobono said:

and  not to mention  the level of juvenile pregnancies,  increase in drug , substance, and alcohol  abuse  combined with people pissing in the shelters and at the top of the promenade steps   litter everywhere   to name but a few 

Stop dwelling on the best bits. 

• Haha 5

It will depend on the weather although if the tickets are pre paid the money will be safe just the bar takings down.  I cannot see where the bar is going to be on the sketch model perhaps they are going to have people with wine and beer in plastic body held containers going around as they do at the big events over the water..   

7 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Even if the TT does not go ahead I think 90% of the fans will still come to the Island, holiday dates booked, ferry booked and accommodation booked and all paid for.   Plenty of entertainment on tap including the red arrows and the 1886 big shows and of course Busheys.    May even turn out better without the actual races roads will not be closed so visitors can get around the Island with more ease.   Just one big festival.    I have heard the Marshall situation is far from being solved but there is time enough yet I suppose.  So all things being equal it will be a win, win situation for the Island , hopefully 😜.

That is quite wrong.

The bikers come for the races, the deaths and the crashes, the worse the better.

Before the TT fan boys flame me, I will state that I have lived on the course in 3 separate houses since the early 70s with a gap in the 90s.

At every house I have owned, when there was a TT crash during Race Week, (Not so much during practice TBH)  After the crash's  location was made public on the radio, the next racing day,  you would see 20- 30+ "spectators" if you can can call them that, sitting/ standing in never used for spectating before locations, hoping to see another fatality or bad crash.

I mean sitting in gorse banks that had never had people watching from before, they must haver been in agony but if they got their "Death, Crash View" they were happy. 

I have not witnessed this behaviour so much in the last 10 years but I think that is because the type of person that wants to see death crashes can now get themselves "off" on the internet.

A good mate also witnessed similar events at Robert Dunlop's crash when his wheel collapsed. Opposite his brothers house was suddenly full of "spectators" after his big crash the following race day.

That is the TT, its sick on all sorts of levels.

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

People piss in all areas of Douglas anyway. It’s the locals causing the trouble not the visitors. 

the main reason for this is the council no longer have a policy to provide free toilets ,even next to the  toddlers play area  on the promenade. children  and tots are expected to pay , so whats happened  to local authority  services , sacrificed for gas powered vehicles they cant use , its a disgrace ! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Omobono said:

the main reason for this is the council no longer have a policy to provide free toilets ,even next to the  toddlers play area  on the promenade. children  and tots are expected to pay , so whats happened  to local authority  services , sacrificed for gas powered vehicles they cant use , its a disgrace ! 

No its not, it is because we attract a low level of tourist for the TT that thinks pissing in the street is okay.

The locals doing it are equally uneducated low life.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

No its not, it is because we attract a low level of tourist for the TT that thinks pissing in the street is okay.

The locals doing it are equally uneducated low life.

if thats the case why are your bye law officers and the police doing something about it ,  after all someone in council   spent a fortune on CCTV   which was also to prevent dog fouling  and litter     ,   no public toilets  then no case to answer , the town is  disgrace , lets get some civic pride back again ! start behaving like a responsible local authority ,

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Omobono said:

if thats the case why are your bye law officers and the police doing something about it ,  after all someone in council   spent a fortune on CCTV   which was also to prevent dog fouling  and litter     ,   no public toilets  then no case to answer , the town is  disgrace , lets get some civic pride back again ! start behaving like a responsible local authority ,

Piss off

🙂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Send me your ideas and feedback to cllr.fschuengel@douglas.gov.im 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Omobono said:

It’s Douglas, you can’t polish a turd!

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

That is quite wrong.

The bikers come for the races, the deaths and the crashes, the worse the better.

Before the TT fan boys flame me, I will state that I have lived on the course in 3 separate houses since the early 70s with a gap in the 90s.

At every house I have owned, when there was a TT crash during Race Week, (Not so much during practice TBH)  After the crash's  location was made public on the radio, the next racing day,  you would see 20- 30+ "spectators" if you can can call them that, sitting/ standing in never used for spectating before locations, hoping to see another fatality or bad crash.

I mean sitting in gorse banks that had never had people watching from before, they must haver been in agony but if they got their "Death, Crash View" they were happy. 

I have not witnessed this behaviour so much in the last 10 years but I think that is because the type of person that wants to see death crashes can now get themselves "off" on the internet.

That is the TT, its sick on all sorts of levels.

To claim that " bikers come for the deaths and crashes, the worse the better is absolute bollocks .

There are always some , like yourself , who seem to get some perverted thrill from horrific crashes and then banging on about it or have to go to the scene looking for crash bits as souvenirs .

You are sick one and to making  spurious allegations about me and the motorcycling fraternity entitles me to say "do yourself a favour and fuck off , and when you get there just fuck off again you creepy perverted twat"

Hope this helps but doubt it  , so just fuck off again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6