TT 2022 ??

Barlow

12 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Next week’s print will no doubt carry an apology on page 15 in the bottom left hand corner in size 3 font

They’ve nothing to apologise. Perfectly reasonable question. 

It’s the “organisers” that need to apologise. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Newbie said:

No-one is making the issue about a dog tag. The fact is that this particular issue was about a dog tag  

No it’s about the incorrect identification, the delay in recognising acknowledging the error, and the lack of empathy in the message where their error was finally admitted. 

The switched dog-tag is a contributory factor to the first but it’s not a free pass on the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Declan said:

They’ve nothing to apologise. Perfectly reasonable question. 

It’s the “organisers” that need to apologise. 

Was titling the post "TT organisers' huge mistake" when they clearly didn't have a clue who made any mistake reasonable? Or was it inflammatory bollocks from a shitrag?

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I often wonder if there is an ongoing debate on Nepalese internet forums about the morality and ethics of people dying attempting to climb Mount Everest.

And if there is, whether the pro climbing  posters reference the Isle of  Man TT deaths ( “doing what they loved” etc) to support their argument.

I have never wondered that. It a silly analogy.

Just now, HeliX said:

Was titling the post "TT organisers' huge mistake" when they clearly didn't have a clue who made any mistake reasonable? Or was it inflammatory bollocks from a shitrag?

Whilst I agree the main fault is with the chaps that swapped and sadly died. However there are still some factors that the organisers and the wider police/coroner/health need to shoulder some responsibility.

Did they stress the importance of the tags to the riders.

Did they know that this swapping was common 

Is a tag a proper means of identifying a body. 

Just now, Happier diner said:

What. One being a natural feature of the earth. Albeit a big one, it's a mountain. And the other being an organised race on a man made feature?

Or, one being a man-made course around a natural topography and the other being a man made course around a natural topography. Easy to see the difference. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Kopek said:

Which means the organisers didn't follow their own rules? That is, to check ident tags!!!! Max, who understands this more than any of us, hints that this is not unusual, lucky rabbits foot style, it's something that should have been taken into consideration?

You are entitled to your opinion but why try to engineer every situation into a pro TT argument when obviously there are two sides this argument?

It's not something I or anyone in the organisation, had ever heard of before this as far as I am aware. I would have said that it is very unusual! 

33 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Or, one being a man-made course around a natural topography and the other being a man made course around a natural topography. Easy to see the difference. 

There is no course or path up Everest. Neither natural, worn not man made. I can assure you. No one makes an event up Everest. The only thing in common is death

40 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Did they know that this swapping was common 

For arguments sake let's say it is and they do - now what? You can't assume they've swapped. You can't assume they've not swapped. The fault still lies with the swappers.

• Like 2