TT 2022 ??

Barlow

58 minutes ago, HeliX said:

And if a person doesn't have tattoos/scars/birthmarks?

Perhaps people shouldn't swap the bit of identifying info they carry with someone else. Otherwise you might as well do away with it entirely. It shouldn't be on the organisers to have to start comparing photos of the competitors to the casualties when they're trying to treat them.

Do you never consider that an event that can leave the bodies of the dead in such poor shape for identification may not be something the island taxpayers want to support? Just think about that for a moment.

I don't think you have ever witnessed a brutal blunt force trauma death, I have, Derek Flint has, Wrighty has - spot the common denominator....... none of us are exactly fans of the TT.

Nothing to do with inconvenience, nothing to do with the increase in road traffic collisions, just the basic bottom line of Most people do not want to put money toward a race that will always result in brutal, very brutal deaths?

I have already described what happens to the human body when it impacts a solid structure and decelerates from 100mph + in a millisecond.

JW is now the moral and "taste" moderator, I am not sure as to why he deleted my post for stating the facts about blunt force trauma and head injuries but there you go.

Wrighty has done much the same description but I got cancelled, to give it a modern name 🙂 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Plus of course you can’t just turn up at the bottom with your new walking boots and set off just like that. There’s all sorts of protocols to follow and monies to pay.
Anymore than you can just go to the starting line at the Grandstand with your motorcycle and say “can I go next please?”

Ah. But actually there is nothing to stop you turning up with your boots and having a bash. You wouldn't make it alive admittedly, but there is no charge for actually getting admission or using the facility. The charges are for guides, food, transport, base camp etc. 

None of which are compulsory.

Just now, Boris Johnson said:

Do you never consider that an event that can leave the bodies of the dead in such poor shape for identification may not be something the island taxpayers want to support? Just think about that for a moment.

I don't think you have ever witnessed a brutal blunt force trauma death, I have, Derek Flint has, Wrighty has - spot the common denominator....... none of us are exactly fans of the TT.

Nothing to do with inconvenience, nothing to do with the increase in road traffic collisions, just the basic bottom line of Most people do not want to put money toward a race that will always result in brutal, very brutal deaths?

I have already described what happens to the human body when it impacts a solid structure and decelerates from 100mph + in a millisecond.

JW is now the moral and "taste" moderator, I am not sure as to why he deleted my post for stating the facts about blunt force trauma and head injuries but there you go.

Wrighty has done much the same description but I got cancelled, to give it a modern name 🙂 

I have seen several deaths from extreme trauma. Take your assumptions elsewhere.

• Haha 1

Several? As in more than 7?

What, paper cuts on an industrial scale?..................

Half a dozen. Is this a pissing contest or something?

TT Supporters aren't TT supporters solely because they're ignorant of the effects of crashing at high speed.

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

but there is no charge for actually getting admission or using the facility.

This is really off-topic for the TT, but I think you do need a government-issued permit (both Nepal and Tibet) to climb.  The governments do make money from this.

• Like 1

Several? As in more than 7?

What, paper cuts on an industrial scale?..................

I'm with you on this one. Those involved in the sport seem to be just trying to sanitise it and censor what people say. It's like if they can do that it somehow makes it ok. 

Whether you are pro or anti, the way these people die or get injured is horrific. 

Yes, let's not enjoy describing the horror of it, but let's not pretend it doesn't happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I'm with you on this one. Those involved in the sport seem to be just trying to sanitise it and censor what people say. It's like if they can do that it somehow makes it ok. 

Whether you are pro or anti, the way these people die or get injured is horrific. 

Yes, let's not enjoy describing the horror of it, but let's not pretend it doesn't happen. 

Who is pretending it doesn't happen?

7 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

This is really off-topic for the TT, but I think you do need a government-issued permit (both Nepal and Tibet) to climb.  The governments do make money from this.

I'm still not sure of the analogy. I'll save my biggest difference for now then. 

Everest has SFA to do with the Isle of Man government. Even if there was a significant thing in common, two wrongs don't make a right. 

TT could be finished in a second. If the government decided not to organise it that would be the end. Everest, that's much more complex.