Ramsey

On 8/17/2021 at 8:29 AM, offshoremanxman said:

He’s an arrogant little man as his meltdown on the Josem issue showed yesterday. Hopefully someone wipes the smile off his face. He got over 1500 less votes than Allinson last time. 

Listened to him during the PAC meetings and arrogant is the first (and only) word that sprung to mind. 

Literally. Hooper needs to pull his head out of his arse and just come out distancing himself. After his last minute stand up against CoMin in the Keys I thought he was looking promising. But this is just getting ridiculous now.

When the Berlin Wall falls (ironic given Josems nationality now), it will crush Hooper with it because of his idiocy.

Lib Van just need to put a statement out saying they're aware of irregularities ref MTPA and have therefore suspended Josem or whatever, meaning he can't ride their ticket. Then Hooper needs to get his shit together and be the proper man.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

Last night was strange. Ignoring the fact it's a bit weird (childish even?) to be so dismissive about a local discussion forum where a fair few voters are hanging out (we still get thousands of visits a month. Not everyone posts - most lurk and just read.), the defensiveness and dismissiveness towards all relevant questions and valid challenges (not just in this case) is, well, strange. At least it feels like that for me. Like someone pointed out in the twitter thread, what if it had been like this:

In the end, online life has taught me that late night twitter fights never end well so I tried to calm things down and gave him the benefit of the doubt that he really didn't read the link and therefore got things out of context. It's entirely possible and I understand it's a stressful time for candidates already. We virtually shook hands at the end and I am looking forward to having coffee with him after the elections.

The questions about the MTA remain of course and one person has been noticeably absent in the discussion so far. To further clarify: I don't have any plans to call or report anyone to anyone. I don't even have the time for that and I also think others will probably beat me to it anyway. Maybe the days ahead will bring clarification as I think voters deserve it on these issues and the other points raised about MTA and its candidate before. If you campaign on the basis of transparency and holding government to account then you have to expect that voters demand the same from you. I think that's just fair and in the end I am raising these things as a voter in East. 

6 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It looks like he had another Twitter meltdown last night. He really does seem arrogant enough to think the questioning about Josem is all just going to go away because he says so when it’s clear that it’s only just the start. When he puts his papers in I think several people are going to have a field day.

I am sure he would be the first to demand transparency from the Government. 

We are asking for transparency in our candidates. 

This one is not going to disappear!

Edited by 747-400
typo
  • Like 1

I'm Lawrie Hooper and I'm on Twitter saying 'MF, it’s not generally a place to find reliable information'. I'm saying that on Twitter, Twitter!! TWITTER!! 

He was definatley on his second bottle of Merlot at that time.

Edit to add: Hi Lawrie, we all know you will be reading this.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3