Lost

MasterChief

What did you think of Lost?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll reserve judgement for now. It seems to be a bit confused from the first episode tbh. In typical American style, they just bend the truth to fit their ends (ie, heavily pregnant woman on an aeroplane - don't think so somehow) polar bears in the tropics - wtf but polar bears making mechanical sounding noises is just way off beam imho!

I do like the way the flashbacks reveal little snippets of the storyline though so it may well show promise but I'll still reserve judgement on it for now.

After all the hype and the moody trailers, I was expecting more but the same could be said for pretty much every movie trailer you see when you rent a dvd out on the weekend.

Mission scale 5/10 but I'm hoping that will improve as the series unfolds.

polar bears in the tropics - wtf but polar bears making mechanical sounding noises is just way off beam imho!

Then I guess you should wait a few episodes before you work it all out. You're way off beam alright.

Also, stop using Kazaa for your TV programmes jeez.

My order of preference is:

1.)Bit Comet

2.)Bearshare (Lite)

3.)Kazaa (Lite)

Bit Comet and Bear Share usually cover everything and with some cracking speeds, only go to Kazaa as a last resort if I can't find it anywhere else. Haven't had it installed in six months though, what do you use?

I've been back on the island since Tuesday, and the speeds of Azureus are painfully slow, even for torrents that have loads of seeders and few leachers. Tried fiddling with the ports, but still not getting more than 25kb/s. Limewire won't even connect. Grrr.

I'm less than 20 yards from the Douglas exchange & would have thought that 2mb/s would be here by now. Even when/if it does finally arrive, I expect that the packet filters will be left on to appease the gamers

:angry:

Even when/if it does finally arrive, I expect that the packet filters will be left on to appease the gamers

Yeah, damn those legal gamers getting preference over your illegal filesharing. (And please don't say you use Torrent for linux isos)

So how did you acquire season 1 of 'Lost'?

I've got about 3gigs of 7gb downloaded back in Polska on the torrent.

My ISP back there doubles the speed between 2am and 8am to encourage people to download their 'linux isos' ;) at a more 'sociable' time for others. A rival ISP offers 4mb/s at a similar price, around £30 including cable TV, but has a monthly limit of 30gb.

It would be nice if MT could offer something more than an overpriced, strangled & laggy connection.

So how did you acquire season 1 of 'Lost'?

I'm not the one complaining about 'packet filtering' (when you actually mean poorly configured client settings and the inherently poor nature of public trackers), nor did I have any issues around it. Indeed, I seem to remember every episode trickled down at a steady 230k/s.

Bickering aside I watched the first 3 and thought it was great. Looking forward to next episode which I would probably describe almost as a fix.

I don't often get into series so quickly.

I really enjoyed it, only watched the first 2 tho. I couldn't help thinking of Jurassic Park for some reason (loosely tho), especially when they reached the end of episode 2 with the discovery of the recorded distress message having been playing for 16+ years!

I couldn't help thinking of Jurassic Park for some reason (loosely tho)

I read somewhere that the part where they trecked from the beach over the more open landscape to find the cockpit was filmed in the same location as Jurassic Park

It seems to be a combination of many other different films and series.

I can't help thinking it's "victim television" (as someone once described it) where the viewer is left as the victim in the end when it isn't all neatly wrapped up. Think X-Files, Desperate Housewifes, etc.

I can't help thinking it's "victim television" (as someone once described it) where the viewer is left as the victim in the end when it isn't all neatly wrapped up. Think X-Files, Desperate Housewifes, etc.

They have it planned for a five season lifetime. At the end of that, it will be wrapped up. (Provided it isn't cancelled beforehand)

Archived