Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

2 hours ago, James Blonde said:

Bazza, I'm surprised you have gone so easy on Manx Gas. They have done you no favours over the years, wouldn't you prefer to see them nationalised and IEG gone for good? 

Gone easy? Is this a trick question? I've just started another petition to push for an investigation into promised refunds/rebates. 

Regarding the second part. Truthfully I don't know if it's actually possible or that easy. It would make sense in many ways to do that though considering the Government (us) own the greater and more technical part of the infrastructure. 

I don't share the same anger and resentment that many do. I sit in the middle, stir shit, wait for fallout and repeat. Only the Government hold the answer here. I just hope they do their homework. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Gone easy? Is this a trick question? I've just started another petition to push for an investigation into promised refunds/rebates. 

Regarding the second part. Truthfully I don't know if it's actually possible or that easy. It would make sense in many ways to do that though considering the Government (us) own the greater and more technical part of the infrastructure. 

I don't share the same anger and resentment that many do. I sit in the middle, stir shit, wait for fallout and repeat. Only the Government hold the answer here. I just hope they do their homework

I just hope they can take their heads out of their arses , and really fight for the gas customers . These greedy fuckers need a bloody nose , why should they be protected from making losses for a while?

Everyone else has been hit hard of late , yet these lot are crying for a 28% increase to guarantee they break even? 

Bollocks 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, floors4u said:

I just hope they can take their heads out of their arses , and really fight for the gas customers . These greedy fuckers need a bloody nose , why should they be protected from making losses for a while?

Everyone else has been hit hard of late , yet these lot are crying for a 28% increase to guarantee they break even? 

Bollocks 

To guarantee they continue to make a big fat profit more like.

1 hour ago, finlo said:

To guarantee they continue to make a big fat profit more like.

That's not what was explained to me. 27.5% is needed just for a break even point. Strangely enough however that an increase of 27.5% is calculated as far as I know for wholesale prices to be costing approximately 250p per therm. Days after the 27.5% increase was drafted up, wholesale price went up over 400p per therm. Luckily however the price has come down now to approximately 250p and is expected to stay about there for the short/mid term future.

The 27.5% increase is provisional. Provisional is a great word. It has so many possible meanings. I could argue it means the first of many more. Anything can happen to be honest. There are no winners here..

I am catching up with family next week. I am gutted I am not sitting in the Tynwald gallery for the debate. It would have been interesting to watch the elected leaders considering a 27.5% increase on the very people that put them in that position. 

Edited by Bazza Smurf
Spellcheck.
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 11:23 AM, Happier diner said:

That's correct. I think that its almost all been paid back, unlike the cost of the Station

Doesn't that actually mean that whilst paying for gas and therefore making a profit for the gas company we actually paid the loan back ourselves?

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Doesn't that actually mean that whilst paying for gas and therefore making a profit for the gas company we actually paid the loan back ourselves?

Yes, that’d be the same, in effect, whether they raised capital by issuing shares, or debentures, or borrowed commercially.

The government loan was over a longer period and at a lower rate than the market.

Whats your point?

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, that’d be the same, in effect, whether they raised capital by issuing shares, or debentures, or borrowed commercially.

The government loan was over a longer period and at a lower rate than the market.

Whats your point?

My point is that talk of Manx gov or MU or any other entity, 'paying it back', very conveniently hides the fact that it is the GMP that are supplying the cash

• Like 1