Firm closing

finlo

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

On the basis that most people work in Douglas it’s on the way either to or from work and within 10 mins from just about anyones home in the south. When can you even park in Castletown for a few hours to go to the gym?

Plenty of room to park in Castletown. 
Also punters probably not at gym for more than an hour. 

33 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

How many punters would travel to a unit at Balthane though ?

32 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

On the basis that most people work in Douglas it’s on the way either to or from work and within 10 mins from just about anyones home in the south. When can you even park in Castletown for a few hours to go to the gym?

Elite and Crossfit both in Industrial Estates and yeah somewhere on the commute from the South is a good call.

28 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I don’t do gyms never have, cannot think of a worse way of spending time, swimming ..yes but running on a moving board …no.

You know they don't just have running machines? They also don't have those vibrating belly belt machines anymore either 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

How many punters would travel to a unit at Balthane though ?

Didn't Body Craft actually start out in a unit on Ballthane?  But presumably moving to somewhere central means both higher visibility and being accessible to those without a car or just wanting to pop in for a short session.  (And unless you insist on parking one metre from the front door there's plenty of parking in Castletown).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Phantom said:

They also don't have those vibrating belly belt machines anymore either 😉

Pity, my ex mother in law lost a couple of stone with one of those vibrating belts...........

Ripped her leg off ......

I'll get my coat :flowers:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Wavey Davey said:

It’s pretty undignified to be selling your business on Facebook in the manner in which he’s trying to do it. 

Presumably it's part of the agreed settlement and it's a way of letting people know what's happening.  The only problem with selling this sort of business where person relationships with clients are important, is that there's no real guarantee that the 'goodwill' aspects will transfer to a new owner.  Even if the current owner is moving his business interests off-Island and so can't be taking clients and with Body Craft having the only gym in the South, there's a risk of losing custom, which will only increase the longer it's shut.

27 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Presumably it's part of the agreed settlement and it's a way of letting people know what's happening.  The only problem with selling this sort of business where person relationships with clients are important, is that there's no real guarantee that the 'goodwill' aspects will transfer to a new owner.  Even if the current owner is moving his business interests off-Island and so can't be taking clients and with Body Craft having the only gym in the South, there's a risk of losing custom, which will only increase the longer it's shut.

Does the owner have a relationship with his punters?

I know who the owner of my gym is, but never met them and have zero relationship.  Just a random investor for all intents and purposes. 

Some of the trainers (self employed) or reception staff maybe. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I’d say there is little or no goodwill in most of these type of businesses. The minute the owner leaves you have no idea whether anyone will stay a customer or not. I’ve always been told to value goodwill in this sort of thing as is it cheaper to buy this going concern than to set something else up from scratch? If so the cost saving is the likely goodwill value. But people looking for ridiculous levels of goodwill in any business are deluded unless you’ve invested bucket loads into building a brand. 

• Like 1