Firm closing

finlo

Having done the full restaurant service and a hamburger and chips service from the back door then yes, I feel that \i have experienced the workload that you allude to.

Of course as the proprietor, even though paying good rates , \i was much more enclined to take the hit for the increase in turnover.

In the following week, it was back to normal, I did not feel the need to have a week or days off to recover!

Of course for temp or TT staff who were just trying for a few extra quid this may have seemed like a labour they did know but for the permanent staff in the industry, it was just a week of abnormality, get over it, get back to work!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

"beer chiller which is integral  to our service is seriously on the blink"

Yeah sure!!! That's rather like saying a restaurant has to close because they have run out of oil for their deep fryers and can't do chips!!! There are ways around it if they want to find the solutions.

• Haha 1

We’re a small Island. Even saying something like this when you don’t know the facts can cause untold damage to a business. Even if they are open today, there will be a percentage of people who will still believe that the business is in trouble and will be waiting for the next thing to go wrong to support their belief. Not cool. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Like closing for a day?

That doesn't have to be, if your cellar is not down to, 5 degrees, i think or you don't have the oil for your fryers, you just find ways around this if you really want to open!!!!! Do the live beers, o sauteed potatoes but open for your customers, they will understand the restrictions and go along with you???

The current 'post covid' of not operating your normal hours has given some businesses the excuse to not attempt to provide their employees with their normal hours to the benefit of the employers, wages being the major expense, to save their margins at the expense of their employees!!!

It depends, of course, on what their profit margins were, could they have ridden this out without curtailing their employees hours???

• Confused 4

7 hours ago, Kopek said:

That doesn't have to be, if your cellar is not down to, 5 degrees, i think or you don't have the oil for your fryers, you just find ways around this if you really want to open!!!!! Do the live beers, o sauteed potatoes but open for your customers, they will understand the restrictions and go along with you???

The current 'post covid' of not operating your normal hours has given some businesses the excuse to not attempt to provide their employees with their normal hours to the benefit of the employers, wages being the major expense, to save their margins at the expense of their employees!!!

It depends, of course, on what their profit margins were, could they have ridden this out without curtailing their employees hours???

Absolute bollocks & you’ve obviously no idea of business 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kopek said:

Yer what? 5 degrees? Do the live beers? What are you on about. 

Ben will know his customers and if he can't provide them with what they want he'll have made the right decision. 

As for staff, how do you know he hasn't paid them? Or maybe as it's a quieter day maybe he was working himself so it made no difference.

He's got a good enough regular clientele to not worry about the rumour mongering and shite spouted by a few knob heads on here!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Roxanne said:

We’re a small Island. Even saying something like this when you don’t know the facts can cause untold damage to a business. Even if they are open today, there will be a percentage of people who will still believe that the business is in trouble and will be waiting for the next thing to go wrong to support their belief. Not cool. 

It's not right for people to spread unfounded rumours of course, but If a business is sound it shouldn't miss a beat.