Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

14 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I'm fairly sure that a few years ago new residents brought their state pension pot with them and it went towards their Manx pension?

Not anymore, they claim it from UK. It’s been fantastic for people who worked say22 years in Uk & then 22 years in IOM so they are entitled to buy extra years in state pension to get full pension. Some I know are getting c16k pa state pensions, nice earner thanks to Eddie Teare

41 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not anymore, they claim it from UK. It’s been fantastic for people who worked say22 years in Uk & then 22 years in IOM so they are entitled to buy extra years in state pension to get full pension. Some I know are getting c16k pa state pensions, nice earner thanks to Eddie Teare

Thought I was right. Sad, because that would help the coffers here, maybe?

25 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Thought I was right. Sad, because that would help the coffers here, maybe?

Certainly in the past it helped build up the NI fund reserve and allowed the Manx Pension Supplement to be paid.

Of course payments went the other way, as well.

However, if IoM doesn’t have to pay the full pension of someone who worked 40 years in UK and the last 5 here, there’s a saving on a long time pension obligation.

My sister worked here for 42 years, before going to England to enjoy being a granny with my nieces two children. She’s found work, and bought back years so will get a full Manx pension based on her contributions here, plus a 40% UK pension. 

Both sides are cutting down the number of back years you can buy.

• Like 1

Things must be serious when Professor Ashford, economic, health and social/lifestyle guru, is on the NPM saying that the non provision of credit cards will stop people from moving to the island. It’s inconvenient but not insurmountable and I’m sure there are ways and means. Perhaps Professor Ashford with all his expert knowledge and connections gained from being Treasury Minister, may wish to speak to financial providers and banks off island, with an offshore presence, to negotiate a way forward. Maybe, he and CM Cannan may care to actually get legislation in place which addresses the concerns of financial services providers, such as debt recovery. In the meantime, Professor Ashford opens his mouth, utters bullshit, showing Douglas North that he is still there - unfortunately!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Things must be serious when Professor Ashford, economic, health and social/lifestyle guru, is on the NPM saying that the non provision of credit cards will stop people from moving to the island. It’s inconvenient but not insurmountable and I’m sure there are ways and means. Perhaps Professor Ashford with all his expert knowledge and connections gained from being Treasury Minister, may wish to speak to financial providers and banks off island, with an offshore presence, to negotiate a way forward. Maybe, he and CM Cannan may care to actually get legislation in place which addresses the concerns of financial services providers, such as debt recovery. In the meantime, Professor Ashford opens his mouth, utters bullshit, showing Douglas North that he is still there - unfortunately!

That sounds way too logical  - Ashford actually helping and not just talking?? 
He’s only after election support now. Anything and everything he can grasp on to that he thinks will get him a vote or two. I noticed after his meeting with Councillor Wells for example, he immediately went quiet on the so called bin issue and never mentioned a whisper of his so called important open letter ever again. I wouldn’t trust his good intentions as far as I could throw them. Not quite sure how far that would be but you get the drift.

Edited by Guest
Fat fingers

I do not think Mr Ashford need worry if he is not returned at the next election, after being shown to be complacent and  incompetent in one shit show after another. Besides local firms, nay international firm will now be able to avail themselves of his business acumen and integrity that he has shown as well as be able to care for any workforce that has the unfortunate pleb forced upon them. His CV must abound with more padding than the proverbial rubber cell.   

Edited by Dirty Buggane

4 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I do not think Mr Ashford need worry if he is not returned at the next election, after being shown to be complacent and  incompetent in one shit show after another.

He'll be returned. The old ladies in his constituency think he's a lovely young man who has been hard done to and that he single handedly saved us from Covid. He'll be there till his pension.

30 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

He'll be returned. The old ladies in his constituency think he's a lovely young man who has been hard done to and that he single handedly saved us from Covid. He'll be there till his pension.

It boils my piss, but what you say is true. I would love to see the job offers pour in for him with his bar staff/manager third grade and bronze swimming certificate.

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

How can you have a pension if you're already undead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 11:32 AM, Happier diner said:

They are in Jurby, not sure about all their homes. Lets face it though, if you want to sell a £450K house in Jurby you need to throw in all the features you can.

https://hartford.im/development/ballagarraghyn 

I see these have nearly all sold off plan before any building has started on the houses.

Must be more demand than some on here make out 

Edited by Ativa

36 minutes ago, Ativa said:

I see these have nearly all sold off plan before any building has started on the houses.

Must be more demand than some on here make out 

If you can say that 11 out of 23 is “nearly all”, I suppose they have.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

If you can say that 11 out of 23 is “nearly all”, I suppose they have.

Where are you getting 11 from?

There is one left.  The rest that are still available are the first time buyers ones and I don’t know if gov allocate those.

Everything else is gone.

Edited by Ativa

4 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Where are you getting 11 from?

There is one left.  The rest that are still available are the first time buyers ones and I don’t know if gov allocate those.

Everything else is gone.

There are 12, out of 23, showing as available on their web site.

IMG_4730.png

IMG_4729.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...