Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

I hear the doi have brought in auditors over the bill on this job! Priced at 60G. Bill put in at 180G. CCJ now blacklisted from doi contracts.. so I hear. 😅 

60k sounds stupidly cheap if that is what they originally quoted.

Two blokes block paving our drive over a few days with no traffic to contend with, and only digging out a few inches with no services underneath was four k, and that was years ago.

I don’t believe there was ever a 60k budget for this work.

typical DOI out of control and not a clue about costings , I watched a large lorry go down there yesterday and its so narrow the heavy vehicles will be damaging the kerb edgings  and  and the raised tiles in no time , 

what a complete waste of money , heads should roll for this 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

60k sounds stupidly cheap if that is what they originally quoted.

Two blokes block paving our drive over a few days with no traffic to contend with, and only digging out a few inches with no services underneath was four k, and that was years ago.

I don’t believe there was ever a 60k budget for this work.

This

20 minutes ago, crash said:

@OmobonoIts still narrow because they are still working on approx half of the final road width you do realise? . But yes its a pretty typical DoI shit show and when the full story comes out there will be massive public outrage 

It’s hard to see how that job took more than a few weeks. Embarrassing. 

Exactly .. I think we could almost accept what's below ground level down there is an ungodly mess and needed sorting out but there was no need to create another stupid bloody bump in the road . Trust the Dept of Imbeciles to waste our money creating more bumps instead of fixing a few of the many we already have . No doubt the expensive granite paving used on them will begin to disintegrate as soon as the jobs finished.. same as the stuff along the prom has begun to and Parliament street has long since done .  Embarrassing is the word 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crash said:

there will be massive public outrage 

There won’t be though. There never is. A few Facebook rants snd move on to the next cluster fuck. 
The whole place is an utter shit show but no backlash anywhere. It appears cutting  down trees is the only way the revolution begins. 

• Like 3