Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

20 hours ago, Happier diner said:

What makes you think they are useless. Great for new well insulated houses. I wish I could have one but our old house is not suitable. 

I'm not sure what all the whining is about. I reckon they are no more expensive than an oil boiler and tank. 

Yes they work great, but cost a lot to run. More than straight forward electric heaters.

54 minutes ago, finlo said:

You've summed up the major stumbling block right there.

As to their cost they are still multiples of an oil boiler and tank.

Maybe Daphne could use some of her fund to subsidise instead of employing loads of staff doing nothing except churning out rubbish and opposing anything she personally do like eg onshore wind , crogga erc

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, finlo said:

Yet.

Well I'm past 60. Yes one day they will but it's so far off I'll probably be dead by then. 

That's why I can't understand all the worry about it. 

It's got to be a step in the right direction to make new houses we'll insulated and to heat them efficiently and in a way that can use renewable power. You can't change history and rebuild what is already built but you can stop making the same mistakes.

8 hours ago, woolley said:

Gonna have to be some row back on this codswallop.

All Daphne does is codswallop. It’s been her only purpose since 2021 virtue signaling nonsense for seventy grand a year. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

You can't unless there's good insulation *and* you can fit bigger radiators. Old stone Manx houses would be virtually imporrible.

Imagine how little gas/oil/electric would be used to heat an old house if it was properly insulated cutting heat pumps out of the equation altogether.

31 minutes ago, finlo said:

Imagine how little gas/oil/electric would be used to heat an old house if it was properly insulated cutting heat pumps out of the equation altogether.

It's a fair point. However heat pumps are cheaper to run than oil/gas so it wouldnt cut them out of the equation. And like I say they can exploit renewable sourced electricity. Oil and gas boilers can't. 

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It's a fair point. However heat pumps are cheaper to run than oil/gas so it wouldnt cut them out of the equation. And like I say they can exploit renewable sourced electricity. Oil and gas boilers can't. 

I wouldn't be so sure, it's not difficult to find numerous tales of people spending £25,000 or more on an install then struggling to better 17c along with £850 monthly bills etc.

• Like 2