Crogga

Dr Beeching

I saw in the interview with Crogga on IOM TV that they have been requesting for a meeting since JANUARY to have an all parties discussion to understand a way forward. 

That is absolutely unacceptable behaviour from a Government department. 

The sheer arrogance is astounding.

@Stu Peters have you been told to keep you mouth shut from those on high as you are now part of the club!

Feels more and more like the politburo.

Edited by Mann O Mann
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mann O Mann said:

I saw in the interview with Crogga on IOM TV that they have been requesting for a meeting since JANUARY to have an all parties discussion to understand a way forward. 

@Stu Peters have you been told to keep you mouth shut from those on high as you are now part of the club!

Why don't they just use these regulations

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/oil-and-gas-offshore-environmental-legislation

Surely they don't think the little Isle of Man is going to draft all this lot up in a couple of weeks just for some tin pot company to drill a hole in the seabed. It will cost us 100s of thousand of pounds to do this.

In the Isle of Man we don't even have regulations for the use of power tools.

5 hours ago, Mann O Mann said:

No. But apart from being a supporter of the scheme I’m not involved in the nitty gritty, and I think IOMG (whilst also in favour) is simply ensuring that all safeguards are in place.

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

And even more

https://www.hse.gov.uk/offshore/law.htm

Its a veritable gas field when you think about it. It will take years to get stuff like this in place. The man in in cloud cuckoo land. I think its an excuse to bail out

And could you blame them? Maybe they expected IOMG to have a modicum of competency but after taking 6 months to get a face to face meeting decided that didn't bode well for negotiating a multi-million pound deal. 

2 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

No. But apart from being a supporter of the scheme I’m not involved in the nitty gritty, and I think IOMG (whilst also in favour) is simply ensuring that all safeguards are in place.

And now it looks like they'll be bolting the stable after the horse has left.

43 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Can you explain why they simply refuse to meet with Crogga ? 

You cannot ask your colleagues in DOI why this is ?

As you are a supporter you don’t think it your business to get involved and find out about the nitty gritty!

Seems like everyone is sitting on the sidelines on this one .

The best way to move forward generally is to talk and discuss,  which Crogga have wanted to do since January .

But if the IOMG will not meet and discuss - my guess is the AG have said no one should talk to then as they are looking to vary the contract ……

The AGs guidance has been proven to be absolutely rubbish . The real issue is that the MHKs are not applying common  sense and listening to uncommercial rubbish from the AG.

You and other MHKs represent the people of the IOM , not the government’s interests.

Common sense needs to be applied .

Not good enough .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

And could you blame them? Maybe they expected IOMG to have a modicum of competency but after taking 6 months to get a face to face meeting decided that didn't bode well for negotiating a multi-million pound deal. 

Why would you have tomes of regulations that appertain to an activity that you do not, and never have, carried out. You seem to be in the same cloud cuckoo land as him.

Why do you need regulations to do something? Surely regulations control or prohibit you doing something. It doesn't add up. It like saying I can't build a shed on my land because there are no planning regulations.

Something is not adding up here. I think we should wait for an official government point by point rebuttal

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/isle-of-man-chamber-of-commerce_chamber-calls-for-more-government-action-activity-7077980667464052736-KaHR

So we have a treasury minister taking 10% out of our reserves to cover operational costs  and believes he will balance the books !

93% of Chamber of commerce stating that they do not believe the Government Economic strategy will deliver .

And a government unwilling to engage with a company that could potentially deliver £6.2 billion to its reserves and kick start the Isle of Man into a new era .

It’s got Monty Python all over this .

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry ….,,,,,

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mann O Mann said:

£6.2 billion to its reserves

That is the potential total value of the gas isn't it?

Absolutely nowhere near all of that would end up in reserves.  It is not net of costs. The way recent projects have gone we would probably end up paying from reserves to prop it up.