Glastonbury 2023

Have you seen him and Blossoms doing Smiths covers?

I know he's already the ultimate troll but to take on both the indie snobs and metal fanboys on the sameday is epic.

Anyway speaking of Indie Snobs I really enjoyed the Billy Nomates gig on iPlayer.

9 hours ago, Declan said:

Have you seen him and Blossoms doing Smiths covers?

I know he's already the ultimate troll but to take on both the indie snobs and metal fanboys on the sameday is epic.

Anyway speaking of Indie Snobs I really enjoyed the Billy Nomates gig on iPlayer.

Didn’t get to see the Smiths covers. Hopefully can catch up on I player or something 

Enjoyed Gabriels though

20 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I couldn't get over the hi-tech fence surrounding the festival. Unbelievable. Twenty foot high; anti-climbing overhang; reinforced struts; anti-tunneling base plate. Even a guard tower. Like something out of Schindler's List. If we had that at Dover...

It was a condition of the festival that it was installed. For years many people stormed the original fence creating panic and injury. When it was only half a dozen locals trying to get in without tickets a blind eye was turned but the breaches grew in intensity. There was one particular incident involving hundreds of people storming the fences. It was lucky no one died. After that Glastonbury counciL insisted that the fence be put in place with only official entry and exit points. To be honest, when you’re there it’s hardly even seen, it’s on the very edge of the festival. 

7 hours ago, Declan said:

It's on iPlayer now. Rick's a bit showbizzy but he does get the falsetto and the band are better than Moz's

Hmmmm hmmm not taken with it, The Blossoms are good enough ofc but Rick is not OK at all, not one bit OK. 

Edited by 2bees
ETA - That said... I would go and see that tomorrow :)

39 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Less attendance at DJ sets and more at political debates and group workouts. 

What the hell is wrong with this generation? 

Never understood the DJ sets thing. Why would you pay to watch ( and hear) someone spinning records?

Oh I guess in my younger years I did pay entrance into a discotheque. But I’ve seen these modern affairs on television.Doesn’t s em much fun to me. They all look like they are on drugs.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

51 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They all look like they are on drugs.

Gotta keep them distracted and contained somehow.  

I think a lot of electronic dance music harkens back to the tribal shamanic past.  Get off your tits on drugs, repetitive bass heavy music to get into a semi-trance like state.