Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

9 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Just in case you forgot, Nobles cost 3x original price Power station cost fuck knowsx original price Incinerator cost fuck knows x original price Prison 2x original price Liverpool landing stage ??????x original price now are you getting the picture of why the natives are a little bit sceptical. I am sure there are many more schemes Wedding cake Jurby race track list is endless.

What's that got to do with my reply?

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What's that got to do with my reply?

You appear to think that the windmills are the answer to the ills of the IOM, I am just saying any Government department could not run a bath without fucking it up, as experienced in the past what gives you the confidence that they can pull of the windmills or is it "hopefully" we can do it on budget? Do you work for the MUA perchance?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

You appear to think that the windmills are the answer to the ills of the IOM, I am just saying any Government department could not run a bath without fucking it up, as experienced in the past what gives you the confidence that they can pull of the windmills or is it "hopefully" we can do it on budget? Do you work for the MUA perchance?

I don't think windmills are the 'answer' whatever that means. Depends what the question is I suppose.

I don't work for the MUA.

I just think that £ for £ they are brilliant. Yes its a lot of investment and of course there are risks. Those risks should be easily manageable and if the upfront work (surveys etc.) are thorough they will provide a good percentage of our daily electricity requirment for many years to come. 

Let us not forget the last MEA foray in large constructs, an engine shed required at Pulrose, a "Pompidou Centre" delivered with a mountain of debt, still being serviced, Would I give them a second opportunity to bollox up?  Nein Danke. I'd sooner contract in the South Koreans 

• Like 6

On 7/28/2023 at 4:34 PM, Major Rushen said:

Hello…. £500 per head of population is that a bargain or what. Of course £40million with cost overruns will be R least £100million. Why do we not just buy the electricity from established U.K. based farms.

The plebs in charge cannot see that by being part of the UK£, we have already paid for the UK’s green aspirations, and will be paying for them in the future. All we need is new links to UK and one to Eire (Europe), then look at resilience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

The plebs in charge cannot see that by being part of the UK£, we have already paid for the UK’s green aspirations, and will be paying for them in the future. All we need is new links to UK and one to Eire (Europe), then look at resilience. 

Congratulations, you've just spent £250m

8 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Better still sell the whole  Island to the south Koreans, We may get the six new banks and quite possibly a ship building industry to boot. Also the best noodles this side of the Atlantic, but lock up your dogs.

We could set up our very own DMZ around DBC offices. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Better still sell the whole  Island to the south Koreans, We may get the six new banks and quite possibly a ship building industry to boot. Also the best noodles this side of the Atlantic, but lock up your dogs.

Korea is on our side of the Atlantic.🤣