Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

Still don't know why they can't approach one of the new windfarms on the Steampacket routes and do a deal to get free electricity (or 100% discount) in return for the impact on our vital shipping route.

No need to build or maintain them.

Put a wind turbine on the Manxman and it can sneak through in disguise 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Still don't know why they can't approach one of the new windfarms on the Steampacket routes and do a deal to get free electricity (or 100% discount) in return for the impact on our vital shipping route.

No need to build or maintain them.

Silly Billy. Do you not think the price you pay has to cover the maintenance ? Or do you think they give that bit away for free?

Haven't the nit wits at Manx Radio and a few on here misunderstood the statement. £40M is the total cost of all the options.  You don't choose all the options. You choose the best option. 

It's like saying I went into the Chinese and the menu said it was £650. No you plonker. You just choose 1 thing. 

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Haven't the nit wits at Manx Radio and a few on here misunderstood the statement. £40M is the total cost of all the options.  You don't choose all the options. You choose the best option. 

It's like saying I went into the Chinese and the menu said it was £650. No you plonker. You just choose 1 thing. 

That may be so but we all know the final cost will be many multiples of 40 million!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

So, you go down the Chinese and get, what, rice? Wouldn't let you order.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't know if any of you have read the proposal but if you have, can you answer why they repeatedly refer to Scard as Scards? It is Scard. No extra S.

I'm glad you said that, it's been pissing me off every time I hear this imaginary place 'Scards' being mentioned. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

1. Let's put someone in charge that doesn't know what he's doing.

2. Let's pay through the nose.

3. Let's double the costs again

4. Let's argue about the costs and pay double again.

And then laugh about it when questioned on air. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The word unknown appears in that document 6 times. 

It gives me a feeling of Liverpool Landing Stage. 

I don't have any objection to wind farms being built, I just wish it wasn't MUA or any other IOM Government Qango building it. 

The killer will, as usual be something like:

Some members of the ODM Team were willing to make the deicions on cost alone. However, it was 
noted that there were unknown costs in mitigating additional unknown ecological risks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1