Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

24 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Yeah. With a massive 167 calories in a chicken wrap 🙄

Just because someone eats in Subway doesn’t mean they have to be getting fat.

IMG_8286.thumb.jpeg.bfe6b2d1b3a90b81e525c1fd62255e86.jpeg

Except it says "with all the fresh veggies and sauces you like".  But the calorie count is for just the chicken and the bread wrap.  Which no one is going to eat on their own - it would be too dry apart from anything else.  So it will be a lot more than 167 calories for an actual chicken wrap.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Jeezue christ, you cook it for yourself for two quid!!!!! Do you not have any culinary skillls????

I actually make my own bread, and pizza dough, every week, on my days off, thank you very much. But was just wondering if the same offers in England, were available here. And yes, it is much cheaper to make my own, and I would bet my bottom pound that my pizza is at least just as good as the ones in Pizza Express (have tried it when in England).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zarley said:

The kids at QEII will be about the only ones who will miss Subway. They must account for a good percentage (75+% at a guess) of that particular Subway's turnover.

the chippys will be busier , is there anything else in peel at lunchtimes in the winter months ?  though i guess the tesrite / shopcos will be selling the same sarnies / wraps and salad bowls as lake road.

17 minutes ago, WTF said:

the chippys will be busier , is there anything else in peel at lunchtimes in the winter months ?  though i guess the tesrite / shopcos will be selling the same sarnies / wraps and salad bowls as lake road.

Peel Fisheries chip shop at the corner of Church and Christian Street is the closest chippy to QEII; the ones on the quay and prom are just a bit too far for them to walk down, queue up, and get back in time for classes. Can't really see them using the caffs in Michael Street. They'll have to get used to buying the meal deals etc like the kids did before Subway rocked up. 

One thing is certain; they will continue to eat on the hoof, while discarding the empty packets along the way, anywhere but in a bin. 

40 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Peel Fisheries chip shop at the corner of Church and Christian Street is the closest chippy to QEII; the ones on the quay and prom are just a bit too far for them to walk down, queue up, and get back in time for classes. Can't really see them using the caffs in Michael Street. They'll have to get used to buying the meal deals etc like the kids did before Subway rocked up. 

One thing is certain; they will continue to eat on the hoof, while discarding the empty packets along the way, anywhere but in a bin. 

maybe a food trailer could set up in the peel football club car park , 

46 minutes ago, Zarley said:

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

maybe a food trailer could set up in the peel football club car park , 

Maybe the school could provide better food choices for the kids and some incentives for them to stay on the school grounds.  Should we also  encourage our kids to make good food choices? 

• Like 1